Out of Region Testing
Columbus State Community College offers proctored exam services for students enrolled in Web (W) courses who reside 40 miles or more from any CSCC testing center. Please read the Out of Region Testing Guidelines below and submit the request form to use this service.
- Students are required to submit an Out of Region Testing Request Form during the first three weeks of each semester. (Link to form below)
- Students are required to inform their instructor(s) that they are using Out of Region Testing for course exams. Instructor contact information can be found in your Blackboard for the course.
- In person testing may require proctoring fees that are to be paid out of pocket by students (more information below).
- Requests can take 3-5 business days to process after the form is received (longer for requests outside the United States).
- CSCC Testing Services reserves the right to deny a proctoring site at any given time.
If you have any questions, please contact the CSCC Out of Region Testing administrator at 614-287-5675 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Blackboard exams will be proctored virtually via Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor. *You must have webcam, microphone, and stable internet to test with Respondus Monitor.
MATH and all other paper/pencil exams must be proctored IN PERSON at a College or University in your area (more information below).
A. Blackboard Exams
Courses with Blackboard exams will be testing using Respondus Monitor. These exams will be taken on your own device from home. When completing your Out of Region Testing Request form, please list Respondus Monitor when asked the format of testing. Click here for more information about Respondus Monitor.
B. MATH and all other Paper/Pencil Exams
Students enrolled in a Web (W) MATH course or a course that has Paper/Pencil exams will be proctored by an approved, accredited College or University in their area.
1. Student will select a College/University (a link for accredited sites below) and the site will be vetted for approval of use. Students will then make an appointment with their approved site to take exam. Contact your Testing Site to check on availability, hours of operation, and cost per test. (Prices vary, and the student is responsible for all fees.)
To find an established location within the United States for proctoring, please use the National College Testing Association (NCTA) site search link below. You may also use Google to search for a nearby College or University.
2. Once you have selected a location that fits your needs, list the name of the College/University and site contact information (phone number and email address) on the Out of Region Request Form (link below in Section C).
Please allow 3-5 business days to process, and longer for International Colleges/Universities.
C. Out of Region Testing Request Form
Out of Region Testing Request Form Process
1. Complete the Out of Region Testing Request Form to begin the verification process (link below).
2. All fields must be completed to successfully submit your request.
3. Reminder ... Request forms may take 3-5 business days, longer for requests outside of the United States.
Student will be notified via email when the review process is complete. Tests will not be available until form is approved.
Click here for the link: Out of Region Request Form