Out of Region Testing
Columbus State Community College offers proctored exam services for students enrolled in Web (W) courses who reside 40 miles or more from any CSCC testing center. Students will select a testing option (see below) and submit the request form by following the OUT OF REGION TESTING GUIDELINES below.
- Students are required to submit an Out of Region Testing Request Form each semester and/or for any course changes during the semester. (Link to form below)
- Students are required to submit an Out of Region Testing Request Form at the beginning of each semester and for any course changes during the semester.
- Testing requests can take 3-5 business days to process after the form is received (longer for requests outside the United States).
- Some testing options require proctoring fees to be paid out of pocket by students (more information below).
- Confirm your Professor's exam deadline so you do not miss it during the Out of Region testing approval process.
- CSCC Testing Services reserves the right to deny a proctoring site at any given time.
If you have any questions, please contact the CSCC Out of Region Testing administrator at 614-287-5675 or by e-mail at OutofRegionTesting@cscc.edu
Complete Out of Region Request Form
A. Instructor Notification
Inform Instructors that you will be Utilizing the Out of Region Service
Notify each of your instructors to convey your intent of using the Out of Region Testing process within the first two (2) weeks of the semester and confirm format of course exams (i.e., Blackboard or Paper/Pencil).
Note: Student must report any changes to their class schedule directly to College Testing Services. If this information is not received at least five business days prior to a proctored exam deadline, students must contact his/her/their professor.
B. Out of Region Testing Request Form
Out of Region Testing Request Form Process
1. Complete the electronic Out of Region Testing Request Form to begin the verification process (link below).
2. All fields must be completed to successfully submit your request.
3. Reminder . . . Request forms may take 3-5 business days, possibly longer for requests outside of the United States. Student will be notified via email when the review process is complete. Tests will not be available until request has been approved.
C. Select an Option for Testing
Exams in an Online format (i.e., Blackboard) may now be proctored virtually by Accessibility and Testing proctors - at no cost to the student (during Virtual Testing hours) or via ProctorU.
Students who utilize Accessibility and Testing virtual proctors will be scheduled for appointments for every exam by the Out of Region Specialist. Once an Out of Region Request is approved, the Out of Region Specialist will coordinate the scheduling of testing appointments with the student.
Exams that are Paper and Pencil will be proctored, in most cases, by an accredited, approved College/University in your area. Contact the proctoring Site prior to submitting the request form to check on availability, hours of operation, and cost per test. (Prices vary greatly, and the student is responsible for all fees.)
Other testing options available. Please contact 614-287-5675 or email@example.com.
Testing at a College/University in your area
Students enrolled in a Web (W) course and need to take a Paper/Pencil exam that cannot be proctored virtually will be proctored by an approved, accredited College or University in their area.
1. Student will select a College/University (a link for accredited sites below) and the site will be vetted for approval of use. Students will then make an appointment with their approved site to take exam. Contact your Testing Site to check on availability, hours of operation, and cost per test. (Prices vary greatly, and the student is responsible for all fees.)
To find an established location within the United States for proctoring, please use
the National College Testing Association (NCTA) site search link below. *These sites may have adjusted hours of operation due to
the pandemic; please contact before submitting request form.
NCTA Site Search
2. Once you have selected a location that fits your needs, submit the Out of Region Request Form. Please allow 3-5 business days to process, and possibly longer for International Colleges/Universities.