Graduation at Columbus State
Students who meet graduation requirements by the end of spring semester will graduate as planned. Our May 8 Commencement, the formal ceremony that celebrates our graduates, has been postponed. Spring graduates will be invited to walk in our next graduation ceremony, which we hope to host in December.
We have created a Spring 2020 graduation page to help our graduates celebrate virtually.
For general coronavirus updates, please see Coronavirus Info & FAQs.
You're reaching the end of your program - congratulations! Columbus State Community College holds Commencement Ceremonies two times a year, on the last Friday of Autumn and Spring Semesters. Complete the graduation application below and follow the steps provided to get ready for graduation!
Spring Semester 2020
- Priority Application Date: Friday, February 07, 2020
- Final Application Date: Monday, April 20, 2020
- Commencement Ceremony: Spring graduates will be invited to walk in our next graduation ceremony, which we hope to host in December. We have created a Spring 2020 graduation page to help our graduates celebrate virtually.
Summer Semester 2020
- Priority Application Date: Friday, June 05, 2020
- Final Application Date: Monday, July 20, 2020
- Commencement Ceremony: Summer graduates may attend a ceremony in December.
Autumn Semester 2020
- Priority Application Date: Friday, September 25, 2020
- Final Application Date: Monday, November 30, 2020
- Commencement Ceremony: Friday, December 18, 2020
Spring Semester 2021
- Priority Application Date: Friday, February 12, 2021
- Final Application Date: Monday, April 26, 2021
- Commencement Ceremony: Friday, May 14, 2021
Get Ready for Graduation
You may apply for graduation once you've completed all the criteria for your associate degree. Check your progress by running a Degree Audit on CougarWeb (make sure your major is correct.) Once that's done, complete the graduation application.
Graduation Applications are processed during the semester you select to graduate. After you submit your application to graduate, you will be notified of the status of the Graduation Application by U.S. mail. You'll be asked to confirm your address when you apply for graduation - please make sure that address is correct.
If you have submitted a Graduation Application and need more information or have questions you may contact the Graduation Office via email at email@example.com
Certificates: If you are completing a certificate, do not submit the Graduation Application. Your certificate is processed by the academic department.
We will communicate with you via your Columbus State student email and through the U.S. mail. Please confirm that your address is correct on your Graduation Application.
Approximately seven (7) weeks into the graduation semester, students who have applied to graduate and have confirmed their attendance to the ceremony will receive information regarding:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The date, time and place of the ceremony
- Ordering invitations/announcements
- Cap and gown purchase
Spring Semester 2020 Commencement Ceremony
DATE POSTPONED - CHECK BACK FOR FURTHER DETAILS
Celeste Center at the Ohio Expo Center
When: Ceremony begins at 10 a.m. (Graduates should arrive at 8:30 a.m. to check in)
Where: Celeste Center- Ohio Expo Center/State Fairgrounds - 717 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43211
Parking: $5 event parking at the Expo Center. There will be a re-route to help with traffic on 17th. Download the Map.
Guest Tickets: not required
Accesible Seating: provided
Interpreting & Captioning Services: provided
Photography: Bruce Heflin Photography-images available to view online after ceremony at www.mypicturesnow.com
Commencement Speaker: Kirt Walker, Chief Executive Officer of Nationwide
RSVP: RSVP when you fill out your Graduation Application. If you forgot to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are coming.
Administratively Granted Degree/Auto-Graduation
Most students will complete a Graduation Application during the semester they are finishing their degree requirements. If you missed this important step, we will process your graduation for you. To ensure you receive credit for all your hard work, when your Degree Audit Report (DARs), which is accessible through CougarWeb, indicates that you have completed all degree requirements, your official Columbus State Community College transcript will be updated to reflect that you have graduated.
If you are eligible for graduation through this administrative process, you will receive communication from the Graduation Office notifying you of your graduation eligibility and informing you about the process to receive a diploma and attend the graduation ceremony. If you have questions about this process, please contact email@example.com
Past Graduation Ceremonies
Graduation Ceremony Programs
- Autumn Semester 2019 - December 13, 2019
- Spring Semester 2019 - May 10, 2019
- Autumn Semester 2018 - December 14, 2018