The Staff Advisory Committee (SAC) committee is made up of a group of dedicated volunteers from departments and divisions throughout the college. We're your co-workers, colleagues and friends, so you can be confident that we share your desire for a great working environment at Columbus State.
Commissioned by the College President and sanctioned by the Board of Trustees, SAC serves an important link between staff members and college leadership. We are your liaisons to college leadership regarding ideas and issues that impact Columbus State staff.
SAC reviews, evaluates and makes recommendations on institutional and staff development concerns.
Council meetings are administered using the Parliamentary Procedure and are held on the second Thursday of each month at 2:00 p.m. Our meetings are open to all college employees. Matters to be discussed by the Council can be initiated by staff members, Council members, the Council's Executive Sponsor or the College President. Contact a Council member or write to email@example.com to learn the location. Please join us when you have the opportunity!
Any staff employee can join a Council Committee and meetings are open to all Columbus State employees. The Council will accept new members twice per year. Staff employees who wish to become a Council Member for the first time or after an absence of a year or more must complete the SAC New Member Form.
The form must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1st, January 2nd or the business day that follows either date in order to become a member for that year. All staff who submit completed forms on time will be admitted as members. All Council Members are expected to participate in Council meetings and volunteer activities.
Activities and Staff Enrichment Committee - Plans and coordinates Council activities, such as our community fundraisers and annual retreat, and discovers and promotes professional development opportunities for both SAC and staff as a whole.
Ad Hoc Committee- Can be set up as needed for a specific purpose or situation
Communication Committee - Develops and distributes communications from SAC
Elections and Bylaws Review Committee - Promotes and maintains SAC executive membership by holding elections and reviewing and revising the Bylaws as necessary
Join the Executive Committee!
We invite you to consider running for an executive position on SAC:
- Implement innovative ideas for improvement
- Develop leadership and workplace collaboration skills
- Serve for a designated term, with the opportunity to remain on the committee for multiple terms
- Your voice is heard as a member of the Council
- Meet your fellow employees
- Be part of a team
- Become involved with the campus community
- Learn more about Columbus State
- Develop leadership skills
- Enhance your professional development goals through active participation in Council
How to Get Involved
- Attend meetings and become a member
- Join a committee
- Vote! - Executive Committee elections are held in the summer
- Maintain a Book Scholarship Fund for full-time staff employees at CSCC
- Conduct an annual retreat for Council members
- Participate in the Ohio Staff Council of Higher Education (OSCHE)
- Provide input into the establishment of Human Resource Policy and Procedure
- Serve on College committees