Safety Protocols & Procedures
Recording of Autumn '20 Return to Campus Information Session
Participant questions not captured in the recording
Do faculty who are going to a clinical (offsite) need to do health assessment and contact tracing form?
Yes, you should. If you are not teleworking and working on behalf of Columbus State you should complete the health assessment form.
Instructors who work at hospitals as well and are treating patients with COVID-19 with proper PPE, are they considered "exposed"?
No, if you are working at a medical facility and properly using PPE your are not considered exposed. If an incident occurs at their other job, such as an issue with PPE and the staff or faculty member is exposed to Covid-19, then HR wants staff/faculty to respond "yes" to self-assessment.
When can we pick up our 2 college issued face masks?
Can be picked up anytime at the Police Department.
Can you define "close contact"?
According to the Columbus Department of Public Health: within 6 feet for 10-15 minutes with or without a mask. Exposure in classroom or conference room is considered high risk.
If we teach in the morning, leave campus, and teach later in evening do we need to do contact tracing both times?
Required of Employees Working on Campus
HEALTH ASSESSMENT (IF YOU ARE TELEWORKING, YOU NEED NOT COMPLETE)
Required daily self-monitoring will consist of checking your temperature and completing a confidential COVID – 19 screening before you leave for work. This applies to all College employees who must report to the campus, any College-controlled property, or to an off-site approved location for work (such as for training or an off-site meeting).
- Complete all required steps, including a CURRENT phone number to contact if you are asked. b. If your responses result in an instruction to stay home and not proceed to work on campus or to any College-controlled property, you are to do so until contacted by Human Resources.
- Should you go to work and realize you did not complete the assessment, you will need to leave campus and complete the assessment before checking in at the police station or going to your work area.
2. CONTACT TRACING (IF YOU ARE TELEWORKING, YOU NEED NOT COMPLETE)
All College employees who must report to the campus, any College-controlled property, or to an off-site approved location for work (such as for training or an off-site meeting) MUST sign in electronically once they arrive at the location. Employees may enter their location multiple times within one day which will assist in real-time the tracing of all employees. Sign-in link.
Guidance: Addressing Students with Visible Symptoms of Illness
What to keep in mind:
- Conversations about health and visible symptoms are best held away from others to avoid embarrassment or escalated concern among others in the area.
- Access to healthcare, fear about taking time away from work/school, and financial strains may be of concern to some individuals during this time, and this may be what is behind resistance to resting or receiving medical attention. This reality means individuals may respond emotionally when engaging in conversations about visible symptoms.
- Remote services will continue to be available during standard business hours, even though some in-person services will be reinstituted. Individuals may believe they need to be on campus to access services. However, in most cases, we can reassure a student that remote support is available and that someone will follow up with them once they leave College property in an effort to put their health first.
- Centering the conversation on care for the individual’s health and wellness, not necessarily on impact to others, aligns well to our culture of compassion and may avoid escalation or defensiveness.
- When speaking with the student, keep the safety of both you and the student in mind by utilizing social distancing and facial coverings.
Ohio Department of Health 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634)
Intro to Employee information