Summer 2022 Semester Deadlines:
SU22 Full Term Classes: May 6, 2022
SU22 terms starting AFTER May 31, 2022: 14 days before the start of the class.
Spring 2022 Semester Deadlines:
SP22 terms starting AFTER January 18, 2022: 14 days before the start of the class.
Please email questions and fee waiver forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Late registration for classes has been eliminated. See here for more information.
Who is eligible for an Employee Fee Waiver?
- Full time (includes ACFs)
- Part time
- Adjunct Instructors
- Spouse & dependent / children of full time employees
- Yes, if you completed the course and did not fail.
- Yes, if you dropped the course during the 100% refund period.
- No, if you either failed or dropped the course late.
Is a fee waiver a form of financial aid?
- Yes, this is an award from Columbus State and will be processed according to the guidelines
required by the Student Financial Aid Office.
When does a fee waiver get credited to the student account?
- The fee waiver gets applied to the account 10 days before the start of the semester.
What is included in “tuition”?
- Tuition is instructional and general fees and DOES NOT include instant access fees
aka e-book fees.
What if I go from part time to full time?
- Assuming you have been employed 90+ days, you will be eligible for the full-time benefit.
If I am pursuing a certificate from Columbus State, not an Associate’s Degree, am I still eligible to use an employee fee waiver?
- Yes, those enrolled in a Columbus State certificate program are eligible.
If I drop a course, what do I need to do?
- First, complete all of the necessary steps on Cougarweb and be sure to be aware of
drop deadlines and the consequences for:
- For using fee waivers for retakes
- Refunds, where applicable
- Second, anyone utilizing a fee waiver who drops a course must submit a revised fee waiver request form to email@example.com within 3 days of dropping the course.
What if my schedule changes after submitting my fee waiver request?
- If you add one or more class(es), you must submit a revised fee waiver request in
order to receive (if eligible) your additional award.
- If you add one or more class(es), you must submit a revised fee waiver request in order to receive (if eligible) your additional award.
What are the consequences for failure to comply?
- Failure to submit a revised fee waiver request following a dropped course will result
in having a balance due generated on your student account, and if that balance goes
unpaid, you will be referred to the Ohio Attorney General’s Office for collections.
What to do if it is your first time enrolling in classes at Columbus State?
- As a new student, you will need to complete the online admission application.
Why supervisory approval?
- Because “Course participation must take place such that no employment time is lost” – Procedure 3-08 (G).
Is there an appeal process for when a supervisor will not sign off on the fee waiver?
- In such a case, yes, please email your concern and a copy of the fee waiver form as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can a fee waiver be used for auditing a class?
- No, because fee waivers are to be used for degree credit courses only.
Columbus State Community College encourages employees to become avid learners and to continually develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities. The Fee Waiver Program provides full-time, percentage of full-time, adjunct instructors, and part-time employees the opportunity to take credit courses at Columbus State Community College.
The college will waive 100 percent of the appropriate instructional fees for all full-time employees who take degree-credit classes. Employees who are a percentage of full-time will receive a waiver of their appropriate instructional fees at a percentage paid in proportion to the degree of their full-time employment. Adjunct employees’ instructional fees will be waived on a prorated basis based on the number of contact hours taught in the previous semester.
Read the complete Fee Waiver Policy in the CSCC Policy and Procedures Manual Policy No. 3-08
See below for Dependent Fee Waivers
Instructions for requesting a fee waiver
To obtain the Fee Waiver Request form, please read the following instructions and disclosures, then click on the “I Agree” button located at the bottom of the page. You will then be directed to the Fee Waiver Request form. Completed Fee Waiver forms must be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Keep a copy of the completed form for your records.
- Refer to the CSCC Policy and Procedures Manual Policy No. 3-08 to confirm your eligibility. If you have questions, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for classes.
- Complete the Fee Waiver Request Form, including appropriate signatures (employee, student – if spouse/dependent waiver, and employee’s supervisor.) Incomplete Fee Waiver Request forms will not be processed until all information is provided.
- Submit signed Fee Waiver Request form to email@example.com on the deadline date. Fee Waiver Requests received after the deadline will not be processed unless the student has paid fees up in advance. In that case, student will be reimbursed for fees within 30 days of the start of the semester.
- Fee waiver funds are disbursed 10 days prior to the start of the semester.
If requesting a Fee Waiver for a dependent child, CSCC Policy No. 3-08 (G) defines a dependent child as “one whom the employee can legally claim on his/her taxes or as specified in a divorce/ dissolution decree.” By signing the Fee Waiver Request form, you are certifying you and your dependent child meet these requirements.
Part-time employees and adjunct faculty are not eligible for dependent or spouse fee waivers.
Once your fee waiver is processed, you will receive a Financial Aid Award letter. To view the award letter, it may be accessed through Cougar Web via the “students” area.
The actual posting of the fee waiver monies will not occur until the Business Office begins to pay student’s fees. This process usually occurs 5-10 days prior to the actual start date of the quarter. All fees must be paid in full by the College’s published Fee Payment Deadline. This published date is the last day to pay fees prior to being dropped for non-payment.
If you are receiving a fee waiver covering only part of your total fees, you are able to pay the additional portion online, at the Cashier’s Office or by calling TIC at 287-5353.
By submitting the Fee Waiver Request form, I am certifying that I am eligible for this employee benefit. I have read the instructions in addition to Policy No. 3-08 Fringe Benefits.
I understand that by applying for this employee benefit, I authorize the Human Resources and Financial Aid departments at CSCC to verify the accuracy of the information provided on this application.
Clicking this directs you to the fee waiver request form.
Learning & Development Coordinator