There are various ways for Columbus State students to participate in an internship. The Internship Program is a “for credit” internship which are managed through your academic department.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program at Columbus State.
- Completed all technical skill course or by permission of program coordinator
- Minimum 2.0/2.5 GPA.
Benefits of an Internship:
- Opportunity to put your learning to work
- Gain direct exposure within your chosen career industry
- Acquire new skills and competencies
- Explore career opportunities related to your field of study
- Strengthen your resume
- Network and make valuable contacts in your professional field
- Potential for Full Time employment
- Complete the CSCC Internship Inquiry Form
- Schedule a meeting with the Internship Coordinator for further details and to answer any questions that you may have
- Secure an internship related to your field of study. It is up to the student to search for and secure an internship. The Internship Coordinator works with employers to post internship opportunities specifically for CSCC students on CSCC Internship Board
- Once you have obtained an internship, students must complete the Internship Agreement and Approval Request forms and submit them to the Internship Coordinator for internship approval
- The Internship office will submit the forms to the department Program Coordinators for approval and enrollment into the Practicum/Seminar course to complete the internship process.
Students are required to complete the following if they are offered an internship:
- Meet with Internship Coordinator to review internship process
- Obtain internship and complete the Internship Agreement and Approval Request forms
- Perform appropriate professional-level duties and responsibilities under the supervision of workplace site supervisor, keeping a time log of work hours
- Communicate and meet with Faculty Instructor throughout the internship concerning job duties and responsibilities, work schedule, mid-term project and end-of-term project, and any concerns that occur during the internship
- Submit all paperwork and completed assignments promptly to the Faculty Instructor
- Fulfill the required amount of working hours
- Display a high level of professionalism throughout your internship experience
- Alliance Data
- American Red Cross
- Caldwell Banker King Thompson
- Jewish Family Services
- Ohio Department of Insurance
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- Ohio Legislative Information Systems