The mission of the Department of Modern Languages at Columbus State Community College is to provide quality language programs which enhance the personal and academic growth of students and other members of the community so that they are better prepared to meet the challenges of the local and increasingly global society.
We offer classes in nine areas:
|English as a Second Language (ESL)
- To strive for excellence in the quality and effectiveness of its courses and educational services.
- To identify and meet the dynamic community needs in modern languages in keeping with Columbus State's mission as a community.
- To provide transferable foreign language credits for acceptance by other degree granting institutions regulated by the Ohio Board of Regents.
- To continue to develop and maintain a state-of-the-art multimedia-based curriculum as well as other innovative and traditional instructional techniques.
- To ensure the professional development and expertise of the department's faculty and staff.
- To increase access to and improve retention in the department's programs.
- To prepare non-native users of English for success in academic coursework in the U.S.