Enrollment: 45,000+ full- and part-time students
Average Class Size: 20 students
Types of degrees:
- Associate of Arts and Associate of Science (Degree-to-Degree Transfer Programs)
- Associate of Applied Science (Career Programs, including certificates)
- Associate of Technical Studies (Career Programs individualized degree)
- More on Degrees at Columbus State
Academic Year: The college operates on the semester system, which includes 3 semesters:
- Autumn – 16 weeks beginning in August
- Spring – 16 weeks beginning in January
- Summer – A condensed schedule with fewer weeks, beginning in late May
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Biological, Physical, and Mathematical Sciences
- Business and Hospitality Services
- Computer Science, Information Technology, and Design
- Construction and Skilled Trades
- Education, Human Services, and Public Safety
- Health Sciences
- Engineering, Manufacturing, and Engineering Technology
Columbus State offers more than 200 transfer opportunities and guaranteed admission to many institutions.
- Our Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees are designed to allow students to complete the first two years of a bachelor’s degree. Columbus State has transfer agreements with more than 35 colleges, including the Preferred Pathway® program with The Ohio State University, as well as agreements with Ohio University, Miami, Capital, Franklin, Ohio Dominican, Ohio Wesleyan, and Otterbein University.
- Many career and technical programs also have transfer options.
College Credit in High School
Through our College Credit Plus / Dual Credit program, high school students can earn college credit before they even graduate. Check with your high school about these options.
The Columbus Campus is located on more than 80 acres in Columbus’ Discovery District. The Delaware Campus is located just off SR 23 in Delaware County. Columbus State also has 4 Regional Learning Centers in Dublin, Reynoldsburg, Southwest Columbus (Bolton Field) and Westerville.
Coverage zone: Columbus State serves Franklin, Union, Madison and Delaware counties.
We offer the support services students need to be successful, including tutoring,career services, counseling services, disability services, advising services, financial aid, and a transfer center.
Student involvement: Columbus State has an active campus with many opportunities for involvement, including student activities, clubs and organizations, wellness and intramural activities, and volunteer and leadership opportunities.
Diversity: Columbus State attracts students of different backgrounds, life experiences and nationalities. More than 130 countries are represented in our student body. Student Engagement & Inclusion
Enrollment by Age and Minority Enrollment:
Data Source: Ohio Department of Higher Education, Higher Education Information System
Students by Gender
Students by Race/Ethnicity
|Asian||Hispanic of Any Race||Black or African American||Race/Ethnicity Unknown||White||All other Races|
Student Enrollment Status
Students by Age Range