Columbus State Community College has been proudly accredited by The Higher Learning Commission since 1973. The Commission is an independent corporation and one of six regional accrediting institutions of higher learning in the United States.
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
Columbus State is accredited to award more than 120 associate degrees or certificates in areas of business, health, health/public services and engineering technologies.
In 2006, the college started on a new accreditation pathway, the Academic Quality Improvement Program, or AQIP. Created by the Commission, AQIP uses the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) model to guide institutional planning.
In December 2012, Columbus State's accreditation was reaffirmed by the Commission
Notification of Reaffirmation
Other Accreditations and Memberships
Many of the degree programs at the College are accredited by professional associations and agencies. They are listed below.
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology
- Accrediting Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration
- American Bar Association Standing Committee on Legal Assistants
- American Council of Construction Education (ACCE)
- American Culinary Federation (ACF)
- American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Commission for Accreditation of Dietetics Education
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care Education Programs
- Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities
- Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE)
- Dietary Managers Association
- The Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP)
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Ohio Board of Nursing
- Ohio Department of Health NATCEP Unit
- Technician–Paramedic Program State of Ohio EMS Agency
- The State Medical Board of Ohio
Out-of-state students who are seeking a professional license program through online courses at Columbus State should first contact their home state licensing agency. Ohio license requirements may not apply in those states. NC-SARA, which regulates interstate online education, does not cover license programs.