Out of Region Testing
(formerly Remote Testing)
Columbus State Community College offers proctored exam services for students enrolled in Web (W) courses who reside 45 miles or more from any CSCC testing center. Students will select a testing option (see below) and submit the request form by following the OUT OF REGION TESTING GUIDELINES below.
- Students are required to submit an Out of Region Testing Request Form each semester and/or for any course changes during the semester. (Link to form below)
- Students are required to submit an Out of Region Testing Request Form at the beginning of each semester and for any course changes during the semester.
- Testing requests can take 3-5 business days to process after the form is received (longer for requests outside the United States).
- Some testing options require proctoring fees to be paid out of pocket by students (more information below).
- Confirm your Professor's exam deadline so you do not miss it during the Out of Region testing approval process.
- CSCC Testing Services reserves the right to deny a proctoring site at any given time.
If you have any questions, please contact the CSCC Out of Region Testing administrator at 614-287-5675 or by e-mail at OutofRegionTesting@cscc.edu
Complete Out of Region Request Form
A. Instructor Notification
Inform Instructors that you will be Utilizing the Out of Region Service
Notify each of your instructors to convey your intent of using the Out of Region Testing process within the first two (2) weeks of the semester and confirm format of course exams (i.e., Blackboard or Paper/Pencil).
Note: Student must report any changes to their class schedule directly to CSCC College Testing Services. If this information is not received at least five business days prior to a proctored exam deadline, students must contact his/her/their professor.
B. Out of Region Testing Request Form
Out of Region Testing Request Form Process
1. Complete the electronic Out of Region Testing Request Form to begin the verification process (link below).
2. All fields must be completed to successfully submit your request.
3. Reminder . . . Request forms may take 3-5 business days, possibly longer for requests outside of the United States. Student will be notified via email when the review process is complete. Tests will not be available until request has been approved.
C. Select an Option for Testing
Exams in an Online format (i.e., Blackboard, ALEKS) may now be proctored virtually by College Testing Services proctors - at no cost to the student (during Virtual Testing hours) or via ProctorU - proctor testing fees apply and are payable by the student (outside of Testing Center hours).
Students who utilize College Testing Services virtual proctors will be scheduled for appointments for every exam by the Out of Region Specialist. Once an Out of Region Request is approved, the Out of Region Specialist will coordinate the scheduling of testing appointments with the student.
Students who use ProctorU will schedule their exams via the ProctorU website. See "Getting Started with ProctorU" for more information. www.proctoru.com
Exams that are Paper and Pencil will be proctored, in most cases, by an accredited, approved College/University in your area. Contact the proctoring Site prior to submitting the request form to check on availability, hours of operation, and cost per test. (Prices vary greatly, and the student is responsible for all fees.)
Virtual Proctoring by College Testing Services
Students enrolled in Web (W) courses may have their Blackboard or ALEKS exams proctored by College Testing Services via webcam on their personal computer.
Exams will be proctored during Virtual Testing Hours (see side column for link to Locations and Hours). *There is no fee for this service.
Note: Once an Out of Region Request is approved, the Out of Region Specialist will coordinate the scheduling of testing appointments with the student.
Testing at a College/University in your area
Students enrolled in a Web (W) course and need to take a Paper/Pencil exam that cannot be proctored virtually will be proctored by an approved, accredited College or University in their area.
1. Student will select a College/University (a link for accredited sites below) and the site will be vetted for approval of use. Students will then make an appointment with their approved site to take exam. Contact your Testing Site to check on availability, hours of operation, and cost per test. (Prices vary greatly, and the student is responsible for all fees.)
To find an established location within the United States for proctoring, please use
the National College Testing Association (NCTA) site search link below. *These sites may have adjusted hours of operation due to
the pandemic; please contact before submitting request form.
NCTA Site Search
2. Once you have selected a location that fits your needs, submit the Out of Region Request Form. Please allow 3-5 business days to process, and possibly longer for International Colleges/Universities.
ProctorU - Secure and Convenient Exam Monitoring
This option is for Web (W) students taking Blackboard exams that need to test outside of CSCC Virtual Testing Hours. *Please note that not all Professors who administer Blackboard Exams allow the use of ProctorU. Please contact your Professor(s) for approval to use ProctorU prior to submitting Out of Region Request Form.
ProctorU is a virtual proctoring service for courses that administer exams via Blackboard. Exams are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Exams will be taken on your own computer with a proctor monitoring you via the ProctorU website.
All testing fees and payments required by ProctorU are the responsibility of the student.
Getting Started with ProctorU - To utilize ProctorU, please review the following:
- Computer must meet minimum specifications. Click here for "test-taker" requirements and additional use information.
- You are required to have a webcam with a microphone so you can communicate with the proctor. Almost any USB camera found at electronics stores can be used with ProctorU.
- If you choose to proceed, Submit a Request at the top of the page within ProctorU. Please register using your CSCC e-mail and valid phone number.
- College Testing Services will notify you via CSCC student email each time an exam is available within ProctorU so that you can sign in and schedule your exam.
- When ready to begin your exam visit go.proctoru.com and click on the blinking button asking you to "Click Here to Start."
- If you have any questions, please contact the CSCC Out of Region Testing Specialist at 614-287-5675 or by e-mail at OutofRegionTesting@cscc.edu.