Columbus State Community College offers remote testing proctored exam services for students unable to sit for an exam at one of the testing centers. Students will need to set up a testing location, review any proctor fee charges for the testing facility, and submit the request form by following the REMOTE TESTING GUIDELINES below.
- Students are required to submit an electronic Remote Testing Request Form each semester.
- Additional requests may be needed if first site selection cannot be approved or a change of site location during the semester.
- Site selection approvals take 3-5 business days (longer for sites outside the United States) after student receives notification of remote testing request from CSCC College Testing Services.
- Know your Professor's exam deadline timeframe so you do not miss it during the remote testing approval process.
- CSCC Testing Services reserves the right to deny a proctoring site at any given time.
If you have any questions, please contact the CSCC Remote Testing administrator at 614-287-5675 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remote Testing Guidelines
STEP 1: Instructor Approval
Email your instructor for permission to test out of the area within the first two (2) weeks of the semester.
Note: Student must report any changes to their class schedule directly to CSCC College Testing Services. If this information is not received at least five business days prior to a proctored exam deadline, students must contact his/her professor.
STEP 2: Find a Location for Testing
- Any accredited College/University
- Public Libraries with testing operations
- ProctorU (Only for students who reside outside of Central Ohio and whose course exams
are Blackboard only). Please see the Getting Started with ProctorU section below for
Note: Please contact your Professor(s) for approval to use ProctorU. Not all Professors who administer Blackboard Exams allow the use of ProctorU.
Contact your Testing Site to check on availability, hours of operation, and cost per test. (Prices vary greatly, and the student is responsible for all fees.)
1. To find an established location within the United States for proctoring, please use the Map of Locations link below. Most locations found on this map have an established relationship with CSCC College Testing Services.
- If there is not a location close to you, you may research and find a site that is more convenient.* Once you have selected a location that fits your needs and made contact with a proctor at the requested site, submit the Remote Testing Proctor Request form (below).
2. Get information from your chosen testing location.
- The name of the site
- The complete address of the testing location.
- The name of the contact person (proctor)
- The telephone number for the contact.
- The email address for the contact
STEP 3: Remote Testing Proctor Request Form Process
- Complete the electronic Remote Testing Proctor Request Form to begin the verification process (link below).
- You will need to sign in with your CSCC username and password to complete a request form. All fields must be completed in order to successfully submit your request.
Reminder . . . Site reviews may take 3-5 business days, possibly more for locations outside of the United States. Student will be notified via email when review process is complete. Tests will not be sent until site has been approved.
*Alternative Remote Testing Service
ProctorU - Secure and Convenient Exam Monitoring
ProctorU is a virtual proctoring service for courses that administer exams via Blackboard. Exams will be taken on your own computer with a proctor monitoring you via the ProctorU website. Please note that not all Professors who administer Blackboard Exams allow the use of ProctorU. Please contact your Professor(s) for approval to use ProctorU.
All testing fees and payments required by ProctorU are the responsibility of the student.
Getting Started with ProctorU - In order to utilize ProctorU, please review the following:
- Computer must meet minimum specifications. Click here for "test-taker" requirements and additional use information.
- You are required to have a webcam with a microphone so you can communicate with the proctor. Almost any USB camera found at electronics stores can be used with ProctorU.
- If you choose to proceed, Submit a Request at the top of the page within ProctorU. Please register using your CSCC e-mail and valid phone number.
- College Testing Services will notify you via CSCC student email each time an exam is available within ProctorU so that you can sign in and schedule your exam.
- When ready to begin your exam visit go.proctoru.com and click on the blinking button asking you to "Click Here to Start."