How to File a Commendation
or Provide Community Feedback
The Columbus State Police Department understands that it cannot fulfill its mission
without community support. It is, therefore, important that trust and open communication
is maintained between the Police Department and the community. This communication
must include a willingness to continually review and modify procedures to assure that
the mission of the Police Department is achieved in a manner compatible with the best
interests of the community.
You can file a commendation or provide community feedback in-person or anonymously,
in any or all of the following ways:
1) Print or pick up a Columbus State Police Department Commendations / Community Feedbackin Delaware Hall, Room 047, or on the Delaware Campus in the Administrative Bldg,
Room 133. Once completed you can:
- Drop the form off at the Columbus State Police Department,
- Put the form in an envelope addressed to the Columbus State Police Department and
place the envelope in the Columbus State Community College Inter-Office mail for delivery.
2) Fill out and submit the form online below.
3) By calling the Columbus State Police Department at (614)287-2525
Any complaint received will be immediately referred to the employee’s supervisor for
investigation. After an investigation is complete, the disposition will be summarized
and sent to the Chief or Deputy Chief of Police for review. You will be notified
of the outcome of your complaint.