Educational Talent Search
EXPLORE COLLEGES, VOCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND CAREERS!
Thinking about what to do after high school?
TRIO ETS is here to help. ETS is a FREE program that motivates and supports students to graduate from high school and go to the college of their choice. The program is especially designed for students of families with limited income or students whose parents have not received a four-year college degree. ETS is a college access program serving students who are enrolled in any grade from 6th-12th, and who attend or live in specific target schools. ETS is funded largely by a $277,375 per year grant from the US Department of Education.
- Briggs High School
- Walnut Ridge High School
- Wedgewood Middle School
- Hilltonia Middle School
- Johnson Park Middle School
- Sherwood Middle School
- Help students navigate their educational pathways by providing the information and resources needed to successfully complete each grade level
- Encourage and support students to successfully graduate high school
- Encourage and support students to move onto a post-secondary institution of their choice upon high school completion
ETS provides an environment in which students learn and grow all while having some fun!
Some of the many FREE opportunities and experiences include:
- Trips to visit a variety of college campuses
- Trips to a variety of cultural events
- Development of interpersonal skills
- Study skills, decision making, financial literacy, and goal setting
- Academic advising and assistance with course selection
- Academic tutoring
- Career exploration
- Assistance with financial aid forms and other college application documents
- Help in preparing for college entrance exams
- Workshops for parents