Data Center Technician Program
Companies are building new data centers in Columbus, and they need qualified workers.
Central Ohio is home to more than 50 data centers, including facilities owned by Amazon, Facebook, Cardinal Health, and others. That means local employers are in need of qualified data center technicians, and Columbus State is helping to train students for these in-demand jobs. Thanks to our partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Columbus State is able to offer scholarships to students in this program as well as an opportunity to potentially work with Amazon.
Attend the Data Center Technician Program Info Session
Armed with the skills associated with this new academic certificate, you could choose to pursue one of the 450+ Data Center Technician jobs paying an average of $47K+/year currently available in the state of Ohio (via ZipRecruiter, as of October 1, 2020).
Mark your calendar and make plans to join us on November 19, 2020 from5-6 p.m. for a virtual information session where you will have the opportunity to learn more about:
- The exciting new Data Center Technician academic certificate and related Apprenticeship opportunities
- A full-time, paid, 12-week internship opportunity with Amazon Web Services; an opportunity available to persons pursuing and completing the Data Center Technician certificate
- A unique scholarship opportunity
Do not miss out on this amazing opportunity - take a few minutes and register today!
What is a Data Center Technician?
Data Center Technicians maintain the hardware infrastructure of the latest cloud computing server technologies. They also perform diagnostics, troubleshoot problems, gather data on common issues while also working in teams to resolve them.
Opportunity with AWS
Columbus State is partnering with AWS to offer a unique internship opportunity to students in the Data Center Technician Certificate program.
- Positions are part-time (roughly 30 hours per week)
- Pay ranges from $14-20 per hour
- Duration: 12-16 weeks
Students who complete the temporary work positions will make themselves competitive candidates for full-time employment with AWS. In addition, the skills and knowledge gained will help students become qualified to work at any of the other data centers located in the region. The starting salary for a full-time Data Center Technician is approximately $55,000.
Students will be eligible to interview for the Data Center Technician position after completing the certificate program, which includes the following courses:
- Industrial Applications and Software (ITST 1101)
- Scripting Fundamentals (ITST 2252)
- Introduction to CISCO Networks (CSCI 2750)
- Composition 1 (ENGL 1100)
- Technical Writing (COMM 2204)
- A + Cert, Managing/Troubleshooting PCs (ITST 1123)
- Linux Essentials (ITST 1136)
- Linux Administration (CSCI 2790)
- Project Management Fund & Case Studies (CSCI 2330)
Apply for the Amazon Web Services Data Center Technician Scholarship
To help students achieve their educational goals, Amazon is offering scholarships to students pursuing the Data Center Technician certificate program.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000 per semester. Students can reapply each semester --up to a $3,000-lifetime limit.
Apply at: www.cscc.edu/scholarships
Scholarship Eligibility: In order to apply for scholarships at Columbus State, you must have an active application on file with the college. Use your college username and password to log into the scholarship portal. Not a student yet? Apply at www.cscc.edu/apply to get started!
Ready to Enroll? Have Questions?