Generation One Trailblazers
A Resource Group For First Generation Students
Got Support? Now you do.
The Generation One Trailblazers (GOT) is a Columbus State organization that supportsfirst generation students – those who are among the first in their family to earn a college degree.
It's a special privilege to be the first in your family to attend or complete college. Of course, there are some unique challenges as well. Let GOT help you achieve your academic success by providing resources like
- Faculty and peer support
- Events that help you connect with other first generation students
- Online Mentoring
- Scholarship opportunities
- And much more!
Perseverance, resilience, resourcefulness, and hard work have helped you make it this far. Let GOT help you reach your goals and blaze a new trail for you and your family!
We coordinate scholarship opportunities for first generation students before each Autumn Semester! Learn More
Here you will find helpful resources for First Generation students. These resources will include links to informative articles, videos, and other documents that may help you navigate your college career.
- First Generation College Bound Organization
- First in the Family Resources
- 9 Tips for First Generation Students
- 5 More Tips for First Generation Students
- Studying Best Practices Video
Connect with GOT
How can I be a part of the GOT network?
There are several ways in which you can get involved with GOT:
- You may be entered into the GOT Blackboard community by indicating your first generation status in your college or FAFSA application. You can check by logging on to Blackboard and clicking on "My Organizations" at the top menu. You are already connected to GOT if you see the link to "First Generation Community."
- If you are not part of the Blackboard organization, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to add you.
By staying connected with GOT, you will be the first to hear about all GOT sponsored events, such as social mixers, online mentoring opportunities, educational events, and scholarship opportunities. Email email@example.com if you have any questions.