Join the most diverse college in Central Ohio.
Tenure-track and annually contracted faculty positions available.
Our students come from all walks of life - and so should our faculty. Columbus State is seeking a diverse pool of applicants to fill open instructor and annually contracted faculty positions. Subjects range from Humanities and English to Advanced Manufacturing and Aviation Maintenance, and we welcome applications from candidates with traditional and less traditional academic backgrounds. If you have an advanced degree and significant experience in your field, no teaching experience is necessary!
Questions about our open positions? Email TalentAcquisition@cscc.edu
Why Columbus State?
A National Leader
Of 1,200 American community colleges, Columbus State is the only institution in the nation to earn three key distinctions for its work to help students start strong, stay on course, and graduate with great outcomes.
Columbus State is one of 30 colleges selected by the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) to develop next-generation academic and career pathways designed to ensure gains in completion of both two and four-year degrees as well as greater marketability for graduates.
Achieving the Dream Leader College
In 2019, Columbus State was one of only two institutions to received ATD's highest Honor, the Leah Meyer Austin award. Two hundred of the nation’s 1,200 community colleges are members of the Achieving the Dream (ATD) network. Columbus State is among an elite group of colleges to hold ATD Leader status.
The Right Signals Initiative
Right Signals, supported by a grant from the Lumina Foundation, has identified Columbus State as one of 20 colleges entrusted with developing a new credentialing model to more clearly articulate graduate credentials and capabilities to employers.
A Commitment to Affordability
Thanks to a low annual tuition and financial aid options, 76 percent of our students take on zero student loan debt. Many go on to one of our nine regional university partners who offer guaranteed admission and credit transfer to Columbus State graduates.
A Big City with Small-Town Approachability
- 14th-largest city in the U.S., right behind San Francisco
- Recipient of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s $50M Smart City grant to develop intelligent transportation systems
- Excellent public schools, 140 private secondary institutions, and 54 higher education campuses
- Provides strong support for immigrants and refugees through the New Americans Initiative
- Received a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Municipal Equality Index in 2017 for its LGBTQ+-friendly policies
- The Discovery District has great coffee shops, a brewery, and a gourmet market within walking distance of Columbus State
- World-class arts organizations include BalletMet, Opera Columbus, and the Columbus Symphony
- Award-winning library system with 23 branch locations
Visitors wander the galleries at the Columbus Museum of Art.
The Hills Market is a locally owned specialty grocery store within walking distance of the Columbus Campus.
Huntington Park in the Arena District is home to the Columbus Clippers baseball team.
The Short North Arts District is a popular dining and entertainment destination.
The Columbus Pride Parade draws roughly 500,000 attendees every year.
The Columbus Metropolitan Library was named National Library of the Year in 2010.