Our Ongoing Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Moving Forward, Safely, Together
A Message for Summer Semester 2020
One of the characteristics that makes Columbus State special is that we are more than a College. We are a community. Every day, whatever our role, each of us commits the best of our energy and resourcefulness to support our students and each other.
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we identified the health and safety of the College community as our primary concern. Health—physical and emotional—is an essential concern for each of us. And the best way we can demonstrate our shared commitment to the success and wellbeing of the College community is by changing our norms to act on behalf of others and keep each other safe.
Columbus State will remain in its current remote operating status throughout the summer. With very few exceptions, employees will continue to telework, and courses—with a small handful of exceptions—will continue to be delivered remotely.
For those who do come to our campuses during this time, we are implementing significant changes to the way we enter, navigate, and coexist at Columbus State. These changes include requiring facial coverings, daily health self-assessments for employees prior to coming to campus, new cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and controlling the flow and interaction of people to maintain appropriate distance.
These guidelines and procedures, described in detail at the links below, are based on the best information we have now. We’ll adapt this information as new guidance and feedback emerges, so please check back frequently.
While these steps may feel unfamiliar and at odds with the signature warmth and accessibility of the Columbus State we all know and love, they are taken out of concern for our collective safety and wellbeing. This is a special community. We will move forward, keeping those around us healthy and safe, together.
The Latest: Summer instruction to be remote; Autumn Registration is open; Emergency Relief Grant funding re-opens May 26
- Emergency Relief Grants: Columbus State students who are at risk of experiencing or who have already experienced additional financial expenses as a result of campus disruptions related to the COVID-19 national health emergency can now apply for a Student Emergency Relief Grant from the College. Learn More
- Autumn Semester Registration is now open.
- Summer will be Remote: With Summer Semester registration open, and given the expected COVID-19 curve and its anticipated impact over time, we will provide summer classes in the virtual or remote formats that have been adopted for the latter half of Spring semester. Exception include labs or other classes that require in-person instruction that can be delivered with appropriate social distancing.
- The physical Bookstore location will remain closed for the start of Summer Semester. Students can purchase all course books and supplies through the Bookstore website. All online purchases will ship free of charge until July 31.
Supervisors have received guidance to work with employees on remote work arrangements. Employees should work with their supervisors individually to make appropriate accommodations.
- Dr. Harrison has advised the campus to proceed with "safety, communication, and compassion." We acknowledge this period is disruptive to student learning, and we will do our best to accommodate students' needs.
- To stay informed, please sign up for text message alerts through RAVE.
Jump to: Email Update Archives
- March 20 Email
- March 19 Email
- March 16 Email
- March 12 Email
- March 11 Email
- March 10 Email
- March 5 Email