Student Parent Corner
College and parenting are both challenging and rewarding. Below are some resources that may be useful.
Student Parent Survey
Fill out this survey to tell us how we can better serve student parents.
Student Parent New Resources
Resources are added frequently, so be sure to check back often!
Student Parent College Resources
- Student Advocacy -Team members in Student Advocacy are dedicated to helping students resolve issues so they can stay focused on achieving academic and personal success.
- CState Cares
- Counseling Services - Counseling Services is providing teletherapy during COVID-19. We can be reached at 614-287-2818 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lactation room, located in the basement of Nestor Hall, 109B
- Your College. Your Connection.
Student Parent Community Resources
- Lutheran Social Services
- Job & Family Services
- Legal Support
- Child Care
- Health Care
- Financial Literacy / Wellness
- Nationwide Children’s Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) gives parents and caregivers of children 0 to 8 years old new ideas and a chance to meet other parents. Please see upcoming small group sessions that are free and virtual.
- Motherful - supports, empowers, and nurtures single mothers and their families in Columbus, Ohio by providing resources, community and education
- Franklin County Skill Boost- is aimed at assisting individuals recently affected by employment shutdown due to the Corona Crisis and are experiencing financial challenges:
- Positive Parenting Workshops (Action for Children):-Action for Children offers several programs and workshops for parents to learn and develop new skills to help them.
- Bloom - A free store serving families with young children in Columbus, Ohio. Our store opens twice per month. Shop for free baby items including clothes, accessories and toys. Please complete the registration form before you arrive. (Curbside pick up is available for diapers and wipes only.)
- PRC Emergency Assistance - Franklin County's Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) Plus Rental Assistance program provides one-time rental assistance payments for eligible families struggling to meet rent or facing eviction as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Student Parent Newsletter