Student Issue Support
Navigating the college environment and understanding policies and procedures can be challenging. Students may have issues that impact their educational experience and may need support in determining how to address/resolve their situation.
- Serves as a neutral and impartial office that objectively reviews issues from all sides;
- Helps students understand their options and develop an appropriate plan of action;
- Listens, answers questions, explains college processes and procedures, and provides guidance and direction on next steps to address student's issues and concerns;
- Identifies the appropriate authority/department to address their situation; and
- Provides information about college and community resources that can assist and support students.
Typically, students are served through referrals to Student Advocacy by student services department administrators or the President's Office, but questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Other College Resources for Support:
Title IX: http://www.cscc.edu/services/title-ix/
If you have information about potential sexual violence or another type of discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment or retaliation based on a protected class, click on the link below to submit a complaint and a representative of Equity and Compliance will contact you within two (2) business days.
Protected classes for purposes of this policy are sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information (GINA), military status, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression. Please see Policy 3-43, Non-Discrimination/Anti-Harassment.
Victim Advocates: http://www.cscc.edu/campus-life/victim-advocacy/
Office of Student Conduct: https://www.cscc.edu/services/student-conduct/
To report an incident: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?ColumbusStateCC
Behavioral Intervention Team (for concerns regarding threats of harm to our campus community and/or mental health issues): https://www.cscc.edu/services/student-conduct/behavioral-intervention.shtml
Disability Services Advocates: https://www.cscc.edu/services/disability/contact-us.shtml
To register for services: http://www.cscc.edu/services/disability/register.shtml