Student Issue Support
Navigating the college environment and understanding policies and procedures can be challenging. Students may have issues that impact their educational experience and may need support in determining how to address/resolve their situation.
- Serves as a neutral and impartial office that objectively reviews issues from all sides;
- Helps students understand their options and develop an appropriate plan of action;
- Listens, answers questions, explains college processes and procedures, and provides guidance and direction on next steps to address student's issues and concerns;
- Identifies the appropriate authority/department to address their situation; and
- Provides information about college and community resources that can assist and support students.
Typically, students are served through referrals to Student Advocacy by student services department administrators or the President's Office, but questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Addressing Course Concerns
Follow the steps below to address concerns related to your class or instructor:
- First step is to communicate your concern(s) with your instructor
- If your issues are not resolved by communicating with your instructor, contact the lead instructor (If you are not sure who the lead instructor is, you can contact the office associate listed in the College directory for the department)
- If you have completed the above steps and your issues have not been resolved, contact the chair of the department listed in the College directory.
- If you have completed all of the steps above and your situation is not resolved, your final step is to contact the dean over the division. If you are contacting a dean it is best to send an email and provide a brief description of your situation with documentation that you have completed the above steps first.
Please refer to the college directory for contact information, You can search by either name or department.
Other College Resources for Support:
Title IX: http://www.cscc.edu/services/title-ix/
If you have information about potential sexual violence or another type of discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment or retaliation based on a protected class, click on the link below to submit a complaint and a representative of Equity and Compliance will contact you within two (2) business days.
Protected classes for purposes of this policy are sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information (GINA), military status, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression. Please see Policy 3-43, Non-Discrimination/Anti-Harassment.
Victim Advocates: http://www.cscc.edu/campus-life/victim-advocacy/
Office of Student Conduct: https://www.cscc.edu/services/student-conduct/
To report an incident: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?ColumbusStateCC
Behavioral Intervention Team (for concerns regarding threats of harm to our campus community and/or mental health issues): https://www.cscc.edu/services/student-conduct/behavioral-intervention.shtml
Disability Services Advocates: https://www.cscc.edu/services/disability/contact-us.shtml
To register for services: http://www.cscc.edu/services/disability/register.shtml