Return to Campus - COVID-19 Updates
We are excited to be ramping up in-person instruction and services and welcoming more students, employees and visitors back to campus life during the 2021-2022 academic year. As we continue to operate through the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to our guiding principles of health and safety, compassion and flexibility, and clear communication. The well-being of our students, faculty, and staff is of paramount importance as we navigate ways to safely deliver a Columbus State education.
COVID Safety On Campus
- We are actively monitoring the rise in COVID-19 cases in Central Ohio. In keeping with our guiding principles of health and safety, compassion and flexibility, and clear communication, we continue to operate virtually and in person.
- For faster service, think early, think online! As we continue navigating the COVID surge and related staffing constraints, Student Central is working hard to support student needs safely and efficiently. If you need help, ask now; don’t wait until the last minute. And seek virtual service first, via online chat at cscc.edu/studentcentral, phone at (614) 287-5353, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some in-person services are available, but wait times may be increased. Thank you for your patience.
- For everyone’s health and safety, we are continuing our requirement to wear masks indoors at all of our locations.
- Student services are available in person when virtual service is insufficient; however, an advance appointment may be necessary. It's also wise to check service hours availability by operational area to make sure we're present to serve you.
- Students taking in-person classes must continue to fill out a health assessment prior to arrival, and everyone must follow established safety practices including wearing a mask while indoors on college property.
- If you’re not feeling well, we ask you to stay home. (We will, too.) We're ready to support our students who experience a positive COVID-19 result.
- At this time, Columbus State does not require students or staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, but we do encourage you to get the shot. We'll continue to alert you about any Columbus State-sponsored clinics.
- We’re resuming food service at Union Café and Starbucks downtown and extending hours at our Blend Café + Bakery.