Autumn 2021 Return to Campus
We are excited to be ramping up in-person instruction and services and welcoming more students, employees and visitors back to campus life during the 2021-2022 academic year. As we continue to operate through the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to our guiding principles of health and safety, compassion and flexibility, and clear communication. The well-being of our students, faculty, and staff is of paramount importance as we navigate ways to safely deliver a Columbus State education.
COVID Safety On Campus
- For everyone’s health and safety, we are continuing our requirement to wear masks indoors at all of our locations.
- Student services are again fully available in person; however, an advance appointment may be necessary. It's also wise to check service hours availability by operational area to make sure we're present to serve you.
- Students taking in-person classes must continue to fill out a health assessment prior to arrival, and everyone must follow established safety practices including wearing a mask while indoors on college property.
- If you’re not feeling well, we ask you to stay home. (We will, too.) We're ready to support our students who experience a positive COVID-19 result.
- At this time, Columbus State does not require students or staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, but we do encourage you to get the shot. We'll continue to alert you about any Columbus State-sponsored clinics.
- If you’ve come to Columbus State over the past year, you’ve noticed locked entrances and even entire buildings inaccessible. Autumn marks a return to full access including all student parking areas.
- Students enrolled in the Autumn 2021 term may apply for The Higher Education Economic Relief Fund: Student Emergency Relief Grant. Emergency Assistance
- We’re resuming food service at Union Café and Starbucks downtown and extending hours at our Blend Café + Bakery.