Autumn 2021 Return to Campus
We are excited to be ramping up in-person instruction and services and welcoming more students, employees and visitors back to campus life during the 2021-2022 academic year. As we continue to operate through the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to our guiding principles of health and safety, compassion and flexibility, and clear communication. The well-being of our students, faculty, and staff is of paramount importance as we navigate ways to safely deliver a Columbus State education.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccine Clinic
Wednesday, Sept. 29 | 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. | Mitchell Hall
We invite Columbus State students, faculty and staff to stop by Mitchell Hall for your COVID vaccine (if you haven't gotten it yet) and your annual flu shot. No appointments are necessary, but you can pre-register to secure a timeslot.
Why? Because vaccines teach our bodies how to recognize and fight infection. More than 94% of COVID hospitalizations and deaths are among people who are not fully vaccinated. Make your body COVID-smart!
COVID Safety On Campus
- For everyone’s health and safety, we are continuing our requirement to wear masks indoors at all of our locations.
- Student services are again fully available in person; however, an advance appointment may be necessary. It's also wise to check service hours availability by operational area to make sure we're present to serve you.
- Students taking in-person classes must continue to fill out a health assessment prior to arrival, and everyone must follow established safety practices including wearing a mask while indoors on college property.
- If you’re not feeling well, we ask you to stay home. (We will, too.) We're ready to support our students who experience a positive COVID-19 result.
- At this time, Columbus State does not require students or staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, but we do encourage you to get the shot. We'll continue to alert you about any Columbus State-sponsored clinics.
- If you’ve come to Columbus State over the past year, you’ve noticed locked entrances and even entire buildings inaccessible. Autumn marks a return to full access including all student parking areas.
- Students enrolled in the Autumn 2021 term may apply for The Higher Education Economic Relief Fund: Student Emergency Relief Grant. Emergency Assistance
- We’re resuming food service at Union Café and Starbucks downtown and extending hours at our Blend Café + Bakery.