Office of Institutional Effectiveness
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness provides high-quality data to guide decision-making at Columbus State. We track enrollment trends, help evaluate the effectiveness of programs, develop surveys and submit official reports to state and federal authorities. We make information open and transparent to the college, community members and other stakeholders.
Use our Make a Request form to contact us, request data, develop a survey, answer
a research question, develop a regular report, or for training.
The request will enter our ticketing system and route to an OIE team member.
Achievement Analytics is a password protected self-service SharePoint site designed
for the transparent delivery of data to Columbus State faculty, staff and administrators.
Access to the site is granted upon the completion of the required training. Monthly
training sessions are posted on Cougar Connect Events (sign in and search for Acheivement Analytics, registration is required).
Achievement Analytics is behind a firewall and is accessible at an off-campus location only when connected using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN or the VMware Horizon Client virtual machine.
- We provide information for decision-making and planning
- Regular reporting
- Custom/ad hoc reports
- We develop and analyze surveys
- IRB review of all surveys is required; see the IRB website for more information
- Once the IRB review is complete, submit the request for survey creation
- We provide consulting services on information management and program success
- We support college staff in the use of web-enabled tools for gathering and discerning
- Provide data related training as necessary
- Develop and support a community of data users
Information We Make Accessible
- Student demographics
- Enrollment by department
- Student success and transfer-out reports
- Applicant data
Information helps Columbus State administration, faculty and staff make decisions that improve our offerings and help our students succeed.