What to do if you are injured while at work:
- Contact the Columbus State Police Department (2525)
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Notify your supervisor as soon as possible.
- Download and complete the Incident Report Form and then send it to Treschelle Kendrick in RH 115 or FAX to 287-6111.
- If you receive medical attention at an emergency room or other medical facility you will need to complete the BWC First Report of Injury Form (FROI 1).
Forms you will need:
- Incident Report
- Back Injury Report (if applicable)
- Disease or Illness Report (if applicable)
- Witness to Accident report (if applicable)
- Supervisors Investigation Report
Related College Policy and Procedure
Sick Leave Policy (3-10[H]).
"If an employee is absent from work due to a work-related injury and receives lost-time
compensation from the Bureau of Workers Compensation, that employee is not eligible
to utilize sick leave or receive pay from the college for that absence or any subsequent
related absence for which he/she receives lost-time compensation. (Such leave shall be
counted as Family and Medical Leave under Policy No. 3-36.)"
Family Medical Leave Policy (3-36) and Family Medical Leave Procedure (3-36[D])
"In accordance with federal law, Family and Medical Leave (FML) is a benefit available to eligible faculty and staff members. The Family and Medical Leave Act assures that, if leave is taken in accordance with these policies and procedures, eligible faculty and staff can take twelve weeks of leave during a given twelvemonth period and, with limited exceptions ... be entitled to reinstatement to the same or an equivalent position at the conclusion of this leave."
Transitional Work Program Policy (3-38) and Procedure
"The purpose of this policy is to provide full-time employees of Columbus State Community College a quick, efficient and safe return to work from an on-the-job injury, illness, or a temporary disability. The goal is to gradually return the employee to his/her original position with an ability to perform the essential duties of that position."