Key & Card Access Requests
Access Control Forms
- After Hours Access Permission Form
- Cleaners Key Box Log
- Fitness Center Access Request Form
- Card Access
- Key Access Request Form
- To enhance facility security by using access control parameters as authorized by department administrators and auditor requirements (CSCC Procedure 13-11€; CSCC Police Procedure 4.15).
- Program swipe card and metal key access. Card access is programmed on valid college ID cards, and are created for current employees and students.
- For access authorization or revisions, consult your department administration. They must authorize or submit request access request forms. Facilities Management and the Police Department do not determine access rights.
Employee Access Authorization Process
- When scheduling classrooms, the department should verify with Central Scheduling if the room is equipped with card access or key.
- Department administrators complete on-line access authorization forms for designated employees and submit the forms in advance to facilities management for keys and the police department for swipe cards. These forms should be submitted 10 business days in advance for processing.
- Fitness Center Locker Room Request Forms can be directly submitted by the employee or student to the police department.
- For new employees, keys and cards can be picked up at the Police Department, with proof of identity and employment from Human Resources.
- Access should be reviewed each term by the department administrators for changes due to employee separation and or room schedule changes.
- Keys and cards must be collected from employees when no longer employed or separated from the college and turned in to the police department located in Delaware Hall 047.
Columbus Campus Fitness Center (Delaware Hall) Locker Room Access for Students and Employees
- Locker rooms are locked at all times.
- Registered students must submit an access form for each semester.
- Employee / Student Fitness Center Locker Room Access Request Forms …Complete the form and submit to the police department at Delaware Hall 047. Allow 10 business days for processing.
CSCC Police/Security Unlock Other Facilities
- Part time employees may not be provided key or card access due to turnover.
- If not granted card or key access, the Columbus State Police will unlock classroom doors upon arrival of an authorized employee, by calling 614-287-2525. However, the employee must be at the room when it is opened, and may be asked to show a college ID card.
- Smart classrooms remain locked to protect equipment, but other rooms are left unlocked for convenience.
Lost Keys or Access Cards
- Keys and access are the property of Columbus State Community College. ID cards must be shown upon request to access college services, or upon request by a college official.
- If lost or stolen, it must be reported immediately to the Columbus State Police Department in Delaware Hall or by calling 614-287-2525.
- Replacement keys or cards require your department authorization and / or a Columbus State Police report.
How to Use an Access Card
- An access card reader with a green light indicates the door is unlocked.
- If the green light is not on, the door is locked. You must swipe your card to enter, assuming you have been granted access to that space.
- If a red light comes on when you swipe, you have been denied access, and the door
will remain locked. Please consider the following:
1.Either you do not have access to this space during that time.
2.You’ve requested it, and it is still in process.
3.You are using the wrong card, the card has been de-activated, or it’s defective.
Check with your department to ensure the proper access was requested and processed.
- Card swipes are recorded in the system for authorized and unauthorized access attempts.
- In the event of a power outage, card readers will default to the locked position. The duration of battery backup power is approximately 2 hours.
- Assistance is available if you experience difficulty. Call Columbus State Policee at 614-287-2525, and allow 10 minutes for their arrival as they may be delayed by other priority calls.
- To Keep an Access Door Reader in the unlocked condition, you can enter *1 on the keypad and then swipe your access card. The green light remains on. Remember, the purpose of access control is to maintain a secure space, especially classrooms, and this can only be done when the door is left in the locked position. Occupants can always exit.
- Placing obstructions to block doors open can cause the door alarms to sound and is disruptive to others.
- To relock, enter *2 on the keypad and swipe your access card.
- For general questions about programming, process, or operations call Facilities at (614) 287-5444 for keys and Columbus State Police at (614)287-2525 for swipe card.
- For access authorization or revisions, consult your department administration. They must authorize or submit required access request forms. Facilities Management and the Police Department does not determine access rights.
- Assistance is available if you experience difficulty. Call Columbus State Police at (614) 287-2525, and allow 10 minutes for their arrival as they may be delayed by other priority calls.