Overview of Resource Planning and Analysis/Budget
Resource Planning & Analysis (RPA) is responsible for preparing the College's operating budget in collaboration with the campus community, and for conducting financial analyses as necessary to ensure the prudent stewardship of the College's financial resources. RPA provides the campus community with objective, accurate and timely information and analyses for informing strategic planning and central decision-making which leads to sound fiscal forecasting.
Working closely with Academic Affairs, EMSS and all Administrative areas, RPA coordinates the budgeting process, prepares financial projections, and provides detailed financial analyses including cost/benefit analysis, data trend analysis and forecasting.
You may contact RPA directly to inquire about your budget or to request assistance with any financial analyses at 614-287-5696.
Resource Planning and Analysis (RPA) is responsible for planning of the current fiscal year’s expected or projected spending. Projected spending is updated each month on the College’s financial statements as analyses of enrollment and spending dictate it to be necessary. Financial statements are published every other month (January, March, May, July, September and November) which can be found here and then select the agenda for the month desired.
As business needs change and/or priorities change, RPA will perform analyses to determine the impact to revenue and projected spending. To request an analysis, please contact 614-287-5696 and select the appropriate person. If you are unsure who to contact, please select “1” for assistance.
Having the proper tools and being confident in their use is critical for success. In this section you can find links to training resources including “How do I??” videos and documentation that put you on the right path.
Cornerstone houses all video training at this time. See instructions below to access Cornerstone.
- Budgeting Overview – An overview of Columbus State’s approach to budgeting. Understanding what a budget is, the importance of budgeting at Columbus State, the fundamentals of budgeting, the budget process, and the role of a cost center manager.
- General Ledger Account String Video
- General Ledger Account String
- Budget Reports – Cornerstone Video – Under Construction
- Budget Reports
- Budget Reports – Account History Video – Under Construction
- Budget Reports – Account History
- Processes – Accounting Adjustments / Reallocations Video
- Processes – Accounting Adjustments / Reallocations PDF J
- Processes – Budget Transfer
- Processes – Budget Transfer Video
- Processes – Projections Video – Under Construction
- Processes – Projections
- Sign into Cornerstone – cornerstone.cscc.edu
- Hover over the “Learning” Tab
- Select “Browse for Training”
- Search keyword “Budget” on the next screen
- Click on desired budget training; select “Training Details”
- Click on the “Request” button
- Select “Launch”
Note: You may contact RPA directly to inquire about training you might need at 614-287-5696.
The purpose of a budget transfer is to move funds in anticipation of near future spending. The budget transfers process allows unencumbered funds to be transferred from one object code to another, from one executive office to another, or from one cost center to another. Budget Transfers may be either temporary or permanent. Temporary transfers affects the present fiscal year only. Permanent transfers affects subsequent fiscal years.
To move expense, see Accounting Adjustment.