Collegiate Leadership Conference of Ohio
The Office of Student Engagement and Leadership at Columbus State Community College invites you to the tenth annual Collegiate Leadership Conference of Ohio (CLCO) on Friday, November 8th and Saturday, November 9th, 2019!
Since 2009, Columbus State's Student Ambassador Leadership Program has worked to organize an engaging and informative conference for college students and advisors across the state of Ohio. Over the last 10 years, more than 1,000 attendees have had the opportunity to develop their leadership skills, hear from expert speakers, engage in hands-on community service experiences, and network with other students and professionals across Ohio. As we celebrate the 10th annual conference, we reflect on the last 10 years of the people we met, the speakers we have heard, and the experiences we have made!
This year's theme is 10 Years Later: The Evolution of Leadership with the purpose for attendees to develop a culture of collaboration and employ developmental leadership skills. Key areas of focus include developmental leadership, collaboration, communication, holistic wellness, self-efficacy, diversity, and equity.
What will participants learn during the conference?
Participants will learn how to...
- Reflect on self to become versatile leaders within their communities.
- Invest in community to accomplish collective goals.
- Engage in open and honest discussion to support self and others in their journey to personal and professional development.
When and where will the conference be held?
When: Friday, November 8, 2019 and Saturday, November 9, 2019
November 8, 2019: Check-in begins at 4:30 p.m.
November 9, 2019: Arrival beings at 8:30 a.m., final departure will be no later than 4:30 p.m.
Location: Columbus State Community College, Center for Workforce and Development, Ballroom: 315 Cleveland Ave., Columbus, OH 43215.
*Registration for the conference is open to college students and higher education administrators across Ohio.
Friday, November 8, 2019:
- 4:30 PM Registration begins
- 5:30 PM - 5:45 PM: Welcome
- 5:45 PM - 6:15 PM: Ice breaker
- 6:15 PM - 6:45 PM: Dinner
- 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM: Keynote Address
- 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM: Social Mixer
- 8:30 PM Announcements
Saturday, November 9, 2019
- 08:30 AM: Saturday Check-In
- 08:45 AM - 09:30 AM: Breakfast
- 09:40 AM - 10:40 AM: Breakout Session I
- 10:50 AM - 11:50 AM: Breakout Session II
- 12:00 PM – 12:40 PM: Lunch
- 12:40 PM - 1:10 PM: Student Keynote
- 1:20 PM - 2:20 PM: Breakout Session III and Service Project
- 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM Breakout Session IV and Service Project
- 03:40 PM - 04:00 PM Closing Remarks and Raffles
|Early Bird Special (Until September 20, 2019)||Standard Rate (After September 21, 2019)|
|Individual Rate||Group Rate (5 or more students)||Individual Rate||Group Rate (5 or more students)|
|Columbus State Students||$10 per person||$5 per person||$15 per person||$10 per person|
|Non-Columbus State Students||$20 per person||$15 per person||$25 per person||$20 per person|
What does the registration fee cover?
- One-and-a-half-day conference featuring keynote speakers and interactive workshops
- Co-curricular activities that enhance resume and professional development
- Dinner on Friday, breakfast and lunch on Saturday
- Exciting giveaways
- There is no registration fee for Advisors (Only one Advisor per institution)
Registration Deadline: October 18, 2019 by midnight
Fee Payment Deadline: October 25, 2019 by 5:00 pm
How do I register?
Registration and workshop proposals are now open!
Need Lodging?There are several lodging options close to the conference location. For additional information and booking, please visit this link!
Follow us on social media to stay updated!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the planning team at SEaL@cscc.edu or (614) 287-2637.
Thank you to our Sponsors!