Events & Trainings
Sexual Assault Awareness Month: April, 2019
- Collaboration with The Columbus State Library, April 1 - 30, 2019
- Book & Reference Display - Take a look through the Library's collection of books with information about sexual assault and recovery - Outside Library Media Studio
- Poetry Wall - Did you know that April is also Poetry Month? Take a moment to share a survivor story, or how you will raise your voice agains sexual violence in poetic verse - Outside Library Media Studio
- 3rd Annual Healthy Relationships Week, April 1 - 5, 2019
- Lead the Change: End Sexual Violence in Your Community , April 2, 2019, 11:30AM - 12:30PM, Library Media Studio - Jill Davis, Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio
- 3rd Annual Healthy Relationships Fair, April 3, 2019, 11:00AM - 2PM, Nestor Hall West Lounge - Get information and free merch from CSCC and community resources! Enter to win a SWAG Bag!
- One Love Escalation Workshop, April 4, 2019, 11:00AM - 12:30PM, Library Media Studio - Learn the signs of an abusive relationshipso you can help a friend, family member, student or colleague.
- Crime Victims' Rights Week: April 7 - 13, 2019
- Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence Advocacy Day, April 8, 2019, Ohio Statehouse - Make sure your voice is heard by your state senators and representatives about an issue that matters to all of us: sexual violence. Victim Advocates will be on hand to support students, faculty and staff who wish to attend.
- Central Ohio Sexual Assault Task Force 12th Annual FREE Sexual Assault Awareness Conference - Thriving, Moving Beyond Surviving: Improving our Response to Childhood Sexual Abuse - April 10, 2019, Capital University. This event is open to the public - Please let Victim Advocacy know if you are interested in attending.
- Film Screening: Roll Red Roll, April 17, 2019, 6:30PM - 9:00PM
Riverside Methodist Hospital, SHE Auditorium (3535 Olentangy River Road, Please park in Green Garage - parking validation stickers will be provided ) - Sponsored by SARNCO, this screening of Roll Red Roll features a true crime documentary that goes behind the headlines to uncover the deep seated and social media fueled "boys will be boys" culture at the root of high school and college sexual assault in America. A discussion of rape culture and bystander intervention will be facilitated by SARNCO staff following the film. CSCC Victim Advocates will be on hand to support CSCC Community members in attendance.
Registration is required for this event - Please register at: Eventbrite: Roll Red Roll, April 17th, 2019
- Lunch & Learn: Abuse & Technology, April 24, 2019, 11:30AM - 12:30PM,
WD 414 - Join Caitlin Tully from The Center for Family Safety and Healing to learn how electronic devices and social media can be used to track location, activities and more.
Interested in learning more? Want to collaborate with the Victim Advocates?
We are available for presentations (custom tailored to your groups' needs) that can cover a wide range of topics. From the basics of advocacy and our services, to how intersections of identity impact rates of gender-based violence. BroCode to rape culture to bystander intervention tips.
To request a training or learn more about opportunities for collaboration please email the victim advocates at firstname.lastname@example.org
A post shared by CSCC Victim Advocacy (@cscc_victimadvocacy) on Jun 27, 2018 at 12:20pm PDT