Amazon Career Choice
Columbus State is a proud educational partner of Amazon Career Choice
Amazon's Career Choice is an innovative program uniquely designed to upskill Amazon employees who are interested in pursuing a future outside of Amazon. By partnering with Columbus State to deliver education and training for high-demand careers, Amazon is proud to give eligible employees the funding they need to make a move and pursue their aspirations.
Amazon will pre-pay for eligible students to pursue noncredit Basic English classes, associate degrees or certificates at Columbus State. Funding—up to $5,250 per year for full-time employees and up to $2,625 per year for part-time employees—can be used for tuition, books, and fees.
Noncredit Basic English courses are now eligible through the Amazon Career Choice program. Tuition will be pre-paid and the textbook cost is eligible for reimbursement. Parking fee is not included for pre-pay or reimbursement.
How to Apply
Ready to start? You'll need to apply for admission to Columbus State and submit your payment request through the Amazon Career Choice portal. Check out Amazon Career Choice for a list of degrees and certificates that qualify for the program and details on the program.
- Apply for admission to Columbus State.
- If you are new to Columbus State, get started by reaching out to the Admissions Office at Admissions@cscc.edu or calling us at (614) 287-2669.
- Take Placement Exams.
- Meet with an advisor and choose your classes.
- Apply for your payment request at amazoncareerchoice.com.
- Submit your tuition payment request online through the Amazon Career Choice portal at least one week prior to the start of classes.
- Pay your student share of tuition.
- Buy books (keep your receipt for reimbursement).
Questions? Contact your local Amazon HR office, email Columbus State at EmployerEngagement@cscc.edu
or call 614-287-5858 (English) or 614-287-3929 (Spanish).
Columbus State: A Leader in Career-Ready Programs
We work closely with local employers to ensure we're offering the right degrees and certificates for Central Ohio's workforce. We offer:
- Two-year associate degrees in high-demand fields such as IT, health sciences, engineering and manufacturing that qualify you for a job immediately after graduation.
- Associate degrees that fulfill the first two years of a bachelor's degree, allowing you to start your degree with our small class sizes and low tuition.
- Short-term certificates that train you for a job quickly, or add a new skill to your resume.
- Noncredit Basic English courses.
Check out our catalog to view all of our programs, and check with Amazon Career Choice to see which of our programs qualify for reimbursement.
About Columbus State
Columbus State has been helping working adults get to the next level of their careers since 1963.
At Columbus State, we offer programs designed to prepare you for the career you want. We work closely with regional employers to understand the skills they look for in job candidates, and translate that knowledge into our classes so you graduate ready to work. Our graduates are on the front lines in STEM, business, manufacturing, healthcare, skilled trades, hospitality, and more. We're also a local leader in online learning, which gives you the flexibility to schedule your classes around your busy schedule.
Our commitment to student success doesn't stop at the classroom. Check out our Campus Life and Military & Veterans Services, and our Career Services office is here to help you find a job after graduation.
About Amazon Career Choice
Launched in 2012, Amazon Career Choice:
- Is live in 14 countries (U.S., Canada, U.K., Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, South Africa, Costa Rica, Slovakia and Australia) with plans to expand into other international markets.
- Has had more than 25,000 associates participate globally since inception (18,000 in the U.S.).
- Offers five broad fields of study: Transportation, Healthcare, Information Technology, Mechanical and Skilled Trades, and Administration.
The safety of our employees is our priority. Since COVID-19, we have put onsite learning on hold and are increasing our online offerings.