Amazon Career Choice
Career Choice is an innovative Amazon program uniquely designed to upskill Amazon employees who are interested in pursuing a future outside of Amazon. By partnering with Columbus State to deliver education and training for high-demand careers, Amazon is proud to give eligible employees the tools they need to make a move and pursue their aspirations.
How to Apply
Ready to start? You'll need to apply for admission to Columbus State and apply for a tuition voucher through Amazon Career Choice. Check out Amazon Career Choice for a list of degrees and certificates that qualify for the program and details on the program.
- Apply for admission to Columbus State.
- If you are new to Columbus State, get started by reaching out to the Admissions Office at Admissions@cscc.edu or calling us at (614) 287-2669.
- Take Placement Exams.
- Meet with an advisor and choose your classes.
- Apply for your Amazon Voucher at amazoncareerchoice.com.
- Submit your tuition voucher online to Columbus State at least one week prior to the start of classes: cscc.edu/TuitionVoucher
- Pay your student share of tuition.
- Buy books (keep your receipt for reimbursement).
Questions? Contact your local Amazon HR office or email Columbus State at EmployerEngagement@cscc.edu.
Columbus State: A Leader in Career-Ready Programs
We work closely with local employers to ensure we're offering the right degrees and certificates for Central Ohio's workforce. We offer:
- Two-year associate degrees in high-demand fields such as IT, health sciences, engineering and manufacturing that qualify you for a job immediately after graduation.
- Associate degrees that fulfill the first two years of a bachelor's degree, allowing you to start your degree with our small class sizes and low tuition.
- Short-term certificates that train you for a job quickly, or add a new skill to your resume.
HVAC Technician Boot Camp
Amazon Career Choice has partnered with Columbus State to offer a special cohort program in Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning for Amazon employees. This is an opportunity for Amazon employees to learn in a flexible, supportive environment and earn an industry-recognized certificate in HVAC.
Program start: The program begins in March 2022 and runs for 13 months (through April 2023).
Curriculum: Participants will earn an HVAC Residential/Light Commercial certificate. This certificate program is designed to help students become prepared to enter the HVAC career field as a second year apprentice.
Format: Hybrid online and in-person instruction — 80% of the bootcamp will be delivered online, and the remaining hours will take place in a hands-on lab work. Students should expect to spend 6-10 hours a week attending lectures, studying, and completing homework assignments. During lab courses, students spend 10 hours a week in hands-on work. The program is designed to provide flexibility for employees, especially during peak business periods at Amazon.
Ready to learn more? Contact your local Amazon HR office or email Columbus State at EmployerEngagement@cscc.edu.
About Columbus State
Columbus State has been helping working adults get to the next level of their careers since 1963.
At Columbus State, we offer programs designed to prepare you for the career you want. We work closely with regional employers to understand the skills they look for in job candidates, and translate that knowledge into our classes so you graduate ready to work. Our graduates are on the front lines in STEM, business, manufacturing, healthcare, skilled trades, hospitality, and more. We're also a local leader in online learning, which gives you the flexibility to schedule your classes around your busy schedule.
Our commitment to student success doesn't stop at the classroom. Check out our Campus Life and Military & Veterans Services, and our Career Services office is here to help you find a job after graduation.
About Amazon Career Choice
Launched in 2012, Amazon Career Choice:
- Is live in 14 countries (U.S., Canada, U.K., Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, South Africa, Costa Rica, Slovakia and Australia) with plans to expand into other international markets.
- Has had more than 25,000 associates participate globally since inception (18,000 in the U.S.).
- Offers five broad fields of study: Transportation, Healthcare, Information Technology, Mechanical and Skilled Trades, and Administration.
The safety of our employees is our priority. Since COVID-19, we have put onsite learning on hold and are increasing our online offerings.