What is M.A.N. Initiative?
The Male Access Network (M.A.N.) Initiative is a student support and engagement program offered by the Office of Student Engagement and Inclusion with an emphasis on college success, character-building and leadership development. This program is intended for male-identified students at Columbus State who are interested in getting involved on-campus, connecting with other Columbus State men, and receiving mentorship opportunities. Participants may also be eligible for a scholarship in the Autumn and Spring semesters.
Who is eligible to participate in M.A.N. Initiative?
Any student who is currently enrolled in classes at Columbus State and identifies as "male" is eligible to participate in M.A.N. Initiative. There are 50 available slots each school year. Students are accepted into the program on a first come, first serve basis after completing an application on Cougar Connect. After the 50 spots have been filled, additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list for the next available semester.
What are the benefits of participating in M.A.N. Initiative?
- $250 Scholarship per semester
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Barbershops – supportive monthly discussions on topics relevant to male college students
- MANventures – activities planned throughout the year for participants to connect and have fun
- Special Events – campus wide events directly related to the mission & values of M.A.N. Initiative
- Academic Advising
- Leadership Development
What is required of M.A.N. Initiative Participants?
- Completed application (see below)
- Participation in an Orientation session
- Participation in academic advising and a graduation plan
- Meet with assigned mentor at least 2x a month
- Attendance at monthly Barbershop discussions
- Service/attendance at Special Events
*Failure to meet program expectations will result in your revocation and/or non-renewal of your scholarship and membership in the program.
What is required of M.A.N. Initiative Mentors?
- Meet with mentee(s) at least twice a month
- Attend orientation
- Communicate concerns and challenges with SEI staff
- Participate in monthly barbershops, mentor trainings, and special events as schedule permits
APPLY TO BE A MAN INITIATIVE PARTICIPANT or MAN INITIATIVE MENTOR
If you are interested in being a MAN Initiative participant, please submit an application by clicking here.
If you are interested in being a MAN Initiative mentor, please submit an application by clicking here.
For additional information, please email Brett Welsh, Director of Student Engagement & Inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank you for your interest.