Smart Columbus, Smart Careers
Smart Columbus is a city-wide initiative that is reinventing mobility and accelerating human progress. Smart Columbus will be the driving force behind Columbus' transition to electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, truck platooning, and eco-system of mobility apps supporting smart transportation systems.
Smart Columbus and Columbus State Community College have teamed up to bring the Central Ohio community more information about the Smart Columbus initiative and the career opportunities it creates. Join us to learn about how Smart Columbus is changing our city, and how earning a degree in technology can change your career.
Smart Columbus, Smart Careers
Monday, May 21, 2018
6:00pm – 8:30 p.m.
Columbus State Community College - Center for Workforce Development
Columbus State Conference Center, 4th Floor Ballroom
315 Cleveland Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Space is limited. Register early to confirm your spot.
At Smart Columbus, Smart Careers, you will:
- Discover in-demand technology careers that drive our region's growth
- Hear Smart Columbus representatives and Columbus State faculty share their perspective
- Attend two academic program sessions focusing on Data Analytics, Alternative Energy Automotive, and Logistics Engineering Technology
|6 - 6:15pm||Check-In|
|6:15 - 6:20pm||Welcome|
|6:20 - 6:40pm||Overview of Smart Columbus|
|6:40 - 7:00pm||Central Ohio Workforce Overview|
|7:00 - 7:10pm||Travel & Break|
|7:10 - 7:45pm||Academic Program Session 1*|
|7:45 - 7:55pm||Travel & Break|
|7:55 - 8:30pm||Academic Program Session 2*|
*Breakout sessions will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Featured Academic Programs
- Data Analytics: This new program builds practitioners with expertise in computer science, mathematics, and statistics. It prepares students to become confident leaders in a data-driven world. This breakout session will analyze local data from Columbus' recent launch of a rapid transit line to demonstrate how Smart Columbus can bring positive changes and improved mobility to the central Ohio residents.
- Alternative Energy Automotive: This new pathway prepares students for the future of the automotive service industry through coursework in both hybrid/electric and alternative gaseous vehicle technologies. This breakout session will provide a hands-on demonstration of diagnostic procedures for electric vehicles using scan tools and laptop computers.
- Logistics Engineering Technology: This new, multi-disciplinary program combines business concepts and STEM principles to create central Ohio's next generation of powerful problem-solvers. The breakout session will include an overview of the Logistics Engineering Technology field and a hands-on activity with programmable robots.
For more information, contact Tara Sheffer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This material is based upon work support by the National Science Foundation under
Grant No. 1400452, 1501194, 1600689, 1700454, 1700520.