Westerville classes canceled until 2 p.m. due to a power outage.
We're happy to announce the launch of Financial Aid Self-Service! Located on your CougarWeb account, Self-Service displays a financial aid checklist that specifies all the steps and their proper sequence students need to complete the financial aid process.
At Columbus State Community College we are dedicated to helping students navigate their financial aid options including any form of financial assistance that helps you pay for college. Remember to always check both your student and personal email for further notification about the status of your Financial Aid. Financial Aid Advisors are now available in Student Central, located in the upper level of Madison Hall.
Autumn 2016 Students:
- Is your financial aid package complete? Please continue to check your student email for correspondence from the financial aid department.
- Check your account balances on CougarWeb under Manage My Account. Have your fees been paid?
- Are all of your registered classes financial aid eligible? Federal Financial Aid regulations require each course a student is registered for be part of the student’s Plan of Study in order for that course to be counted as “Federal Student Aid Eligible”. Federal Student Aid eligibility calculation cannot include classes that do not count toward the student’s degree or certificate.
- Bookstore fund amounts can be checked under the Bookstore Charge Transactions tab in CougarWeb
Are all of your registered classes financial aid eligible? Look at your DARS report and make sure all of your classes are in your program of study. If you have any questions visit Student Central or your Academic Advisor.
- Click here for general financial aid refund information.
Spring 2017 Students:
Complete the 2016-17 FAFSA now! School Code is: 006867 www.fafsa.ed.gov
Deadline is 12/5/16
Using the DRT (Data Retrieval Tool) during the FAFSA process:
We encourage students to use the DRT tool during the FAFSA completion process if given the option. Students and parents are encouraged to use this tool because it is accurate, efficient and useful for verification purposes and corrections. It can prevent errors and speed the application process.
Click here for more information.
Continue to check your student email daily for correspondence from our department.
Autumn 2017 Students:
FAFSA filing is changing!
Beginning October 1, 2016, the FAFSA process is changing. Applicants will now use your completed and filed Federal tax return from the prior year to apply for the upcoming year.
If you are applying for Federal Aid for the 2017-18 school year (Autumn 2017-Summer 2018), you will use your filed Federal return from 2015.
(Workshops begin October 2016)
Popular Financial Aid Videos
Columbus State Community College follows established guidelines for the prevention, identification of and response to indications of identity theft and financial aid fraud. This notice provides a summary of student rights, responsibilities and preventative measures regarding financial aid fraud. Fraud Notification