ATTENTION: College closed Wednesday due to severe weather. More
After getting laid off, Jim Curran decided to take Columbus State's Baking Certificate to learn some delicious new skills.
The Hospitality Management program prepares students for a variety of careers in the exciting Hospitality and Tourism Industry:
- You could provide quality customer service to guests in a restaurant or hotel.
- You could prepare fine meals or wonderful pastries to serve guests in a restaurant or catered event.
- You could plan nutritious meals and work with a variety of clients in improving their nutritional health.
The Hospitality Management programs provide quality learning experiences to enhance initial employment opportunities and to improve technical and supervisory skills for career advancement in foodservice, lodging, and tourism. Several majors leading to an Applied Science Degree in a Hospitality Management major are available for Culinary Apprenticeship, Dietetic Technician, Restaurant and Foodservice Management, Restaurant and Foodservice Management: Baking and Pastry Arts Track, and Hotel, Tourism, and Event Management. The programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Hospitality
Management Programs (ACPHA). In addition, Dietary Manager, Baking, Meeting and Event Management, Casino Management Certificate and School Foodservice Manager Certificate programs are available.
*It is strongly recommended that you contact the appropriate advisor for each of the majors or certificates in which you are interested –See majors.
- Culinary Apprenticeship Major
- Dietetic Technician
- Hotel, Tourism, and Event Management Major
- Restaurant and Foodservice Management Major
- Baking and Pastry Arts Track
- Baking Certificate
- Casino Management Certificate
- Meeting and Event Management Certificate
- School Foodservice Manager Certificate
- Plans of Study
- Christopher's Restaurant