Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Columbus State's Honors Program gives high-ability students in Arts & Sciences, or Career & Technical programs the opportunity to join a community of like-minded individuals who desire the benefits of rigorous curriculum and heightened student and faculty interaction.
Columbus State Honors Students benefit from:
- An Honors cohort of students who take Honors-level classes as a group
- Faculty mentorship, providing one-on-one interaction with your assigned faculty mentor
- Co-curricular lectures and activities
- Specialized research/project opportunities
- Field trip and travel opportunities
- Community projects and connections
- Scholarship opportunities
- Honors designation on transcript and special recognition at graduation
- Enhanced transfer opportunities to four-year colleges/universities
Honors course offerings include, but are not limited to:
Applying to the Honors Program
The application period for the 2015/16 academic year will open November 2014. Application must be received by the priority application deadline of April 1, 2015 Deadline extended to May 1 to be considered for the Honors Program Scholarship. Admission to the program is competitive and based on a student’s academic credentials (GPA, ACT and/or class rank) and essay.