Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Columbus State's Honors Program gives high-ability students in Arts & Sciences, or Career & Technical programs the opportunity to join a community of like-minded individuals who desire the benefits of rigorous curriculum and heightened student and faculty interaction.
Columbus State Honors Students benefit from:
- An Honors cohort of students who take Honors-level classes as a group
- Faculty mentorship, providing one-on-one interaction with your assigned faculty mentor
- Co-curricular lectures and activities
- Specialized research/project opportunities
- Field trip and travel opportunities
- Community projects and connections
- Scholarship opportunities
- Honors designation on transcript and special recognition at graduation
- Enhanced transfer opportunities to four-year colleges/universities
Honors Program Scholarship
Incoming freshmen admitted to the Honors Program will be eligible for consideration for a $2,000 scholarship for their first academic year at Columbus State ($1,000 per semester). This scholarship is merit-based and renewable for a maximum of two years.
Honors course offerings include, but are not limited to:
Applying to the Honors Program
The application period for the 2015/16 academic year will open November 2014. Application must be received by the priority application deadline of April 1, 2015 to be considered for the Honors Program Scholarship. Admission to the program is competitive and based on a student’s academic credentials (GPA, ACT and/or class rank) and essay.