CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
Columbus State's Honors Program gives high-ability students in Arts & Sciences, or Career & Technical programs the opportunity to join a community of like-minded individuals who desire the benefits of rigorous curriculum and heightened student and faculty interaction.
Join us for an info session on our Columbus Campus or Delaware Campus to find out how to join this community of scholars and make the most of your college experience. RSVP for a Session
Apply to the Honors Program - Scholarships Available
The application period for the 2016/17 academic year is now open. Admission to the program is competitive and based on a student’s academic credentials (GPA, ACT and/or class rank) and essay.
Students who complete the Honors Program application and are admitted into the program will automatically be considered for an Honors Program scholarship (up to $2,000 per academic year, renewable for two years). No additional scholarship application is required.
Columbus State Honors Students benefit from:
- An Honors cohort of students who take Honors-level classes as a group
- Faculty mentorship, providing one-on-one interaction with your assigned faculty mentor
- Co-curricular lectures and activities
- Specialized research/project opportunities
- Field trip and travel opportunities
- Community projects and connections
- Scholarship opportunities
- Honors designation on transcript and special recognition at graduation
- Enhanced transfer opportunities to four-year colleges/universities
Honors course offerings include, but are not limited to: