LOCATION CHANGE: Taste the Future, Tuesday, Aug. 16, has been moved to the Columbus State parking garage on Washington Avenue.
- COLS 1100*: First Year Experience
- PSY 1100: Introduction to Psychology
- SOC 1101: Introduction to Sociology
- MATH 1151: Calculus I
- BIO 1111: Introduction to Biology
- BIO 1113: Biological Sciences
- HIST 1151: American History to 1877
- HIST 1152: American History since 1877
- ENGL 1100*: Composition I
- ENGL 2367: Composition II
- PHIL 1130: Ethics
*All honors students will be required to complete honors versions of COLS 1100 and ENGL 1100 if they do not have previous credit for these courses.
Honors Graduation Requirements
Honors Program members who complete their studies at Columbus State Community College and meet the following qualifications become eligible for final Honors Program acknowledgement on transcripts and/or diplomas as well as recognition at graduation:
- Earn an Associate Degree at Columbus State Community College while an active member.
- Earn an A or B in at least fifteen (15) credit hours of Honors courses (including Honors versions of COLS 1100 and ENGL 1100*).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 in all college-level coursework.
- Attend a minimum of six (6) Honors Program sanctioned events and/or service activities.
In extreme circumstances, adjustments to these requirements may be approved at the sole discretion of the OAA Honors Committee.
Course offerings will be increased as the program develops
*Preferred Pathways Scholars and students having already earned credit for COLS 1100 and/or ENGL 1100 prior to entering the Honors Program will have this requirement waived; however, these students will still be required to complete 15 hours of honors-level coursework to receive recognition as an "Honors Graduate."