ATTENTION: College closed Wednesday due to severe weather. More
Parents and School Counselors
Visit Days and ToursThinking of starting at Columbus State and transferring to OSU? The Preferred Pathway® is an innovative set of Pre-Major tracks that guarantee access to an Ohio State University (OSU) bachelor's degree for qualified students transferring from Columbus State Community College (CSCC). The program allows a smooth transition from CSCC to OSU that is both time- and- cost efficient.
- New! Starting Autumn 2014 - Columbus State Honors Program for students who desire the benefits of rigorous curriculum and heightened student/faculty interaction. Register for an information session here.
- Plan a visit with a friend or as a part of a group. Check out our Tour & Visit Days. Also visit the Delaware Campus Events website for programs and special events.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Keep track of our Academic Calendar and Course Schedules and Application Deadline Dates-- because they don't always remember to tell you when things are due. It is also helpful to refer to the Get Started Guide to be aware of what your student will need to do to get enrolled at Columbus State.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, governs the maintenance and release of records. A copy of the regulations is available in the Records and Registration Department. The following information may not be released to anyone without written consent of the student: Grades, schedules, ethnicity, social security numbers, CougarID Numbers, Student Identification Numbers and E-mail addresses. For more information, please see the College Catalog or contact the Office of the Registrar.
ACT, CLEP, AP Credit, and Placement Testing
Find out if your student may be exempt from taking all or some portions of the COMPASS placement test.
Printable placement testing exception flyer for counselors, parents and future students
Paying for College - Scholarships and Financial Aid
Columbus State offers Financial Aid Workshops to help admitted students with completing the FAFSA. These workshops are for Admitted Columbus State Students only.
- Columbus Campus Financial Aid Workshops - Call 614-287-5538 to make your reservation.
- Delaware Campus Financial Aid Workshops - Call 740-203-8345 or email Delaware@cscc.edu to make your reservation.
- A Guide to Finding Scholarships
- CSCC-OSU Pipeline to Health Sciences Careers
- Preferred Pathway® Scholars
- 2014 High School Scholarships
- Robert Weiler Family Scholarship
Programs for High School Students
Important - Before applying for admission to Columbus State Community College, please
be sure to talk with your School Counselor about which program(s) you may be eligible
for. You may also email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
K-12 Programs and Other High School Programs
- Dual Enrollment, which allows students to take Columbus State classes in their high school.
- Post-Secondary Enrollment Options, which allows high school and homeschool students to take degree-oriented college-level classes at Columbus State.
- Early College Programs and College Prep Math Programs - Contact your school counselor to see if you school is participating in these programs.
- Career-Technical agreements, which allow students in high school Career-Technical classes to get credit at Columbus State.
- Upward Bound -- Columbus State offers these federally-funded programs to help K-12 students get ready for college.
Majors and Programs at Columbus State
- Columbus State Majors, Programs and Certificates
- Undecided Students
- Transient Students - taking classes at CSCC for one or two semesters while enrolled at another college
- Preferred Pathway® - What is the Preferred Pathway® Program?
Columbus State's Ohio Transfer to Degree Guarantee
Start your classes at Columbus State. Finish your Associate's degree, Certificate, or Columbus State courses. Transfer to a four-year college or university to complete your Bachelor degree. Find the best resources to plan your transfer program here.
- Learn about Columbus State's campus police, safety tips and emergency response procedures here.
- Get text message alerts of emergencies and school closings by signing up for Rave, our instant alert system.
Non-Credit Courses and Training
- Basic English language
- GED preparation
- Pharmacy Technician training
- See all non-credit programs for individuals
We're here to help!
- Contact an Admissions Advisor on our Columbus Campus
- Contact a Student Services Advisor on our Delaware Campus
- Contact us at our Regional Learning Centers
Other helpful resources to help you get ready for college