Westerville classes canceled until 2 p.m. due to a power outage.
Our Extended Payment Plan lets you spread your tuition and fees payments beyond the fee payment deadline and into the term. It’s a structured payment plan with established installment amounts and due dates, covered by a promissory note.
For a $15 non-refundable enrollment fee, students can sign up for the Extended Payment Plan. Additional requirements include:
- Student must be in good financial standing with the college.
- Your class schedule should be firmly set as registration changes after the initial set-up could cause the Extended Payment Plan to cancel.
- You must have a $200 minimum tuition and fee balance for the term.
- To avoid dropped classes, you must enroll in the Extended Payment Plan, and make the initial down payment and any scheduled payments (must equal 50% of tuition and fees) before the Fee Payment Deadline.
- Extended Payment Plan installment amounts are based on current tuition, lab fees and Application, Record and ID fee.
Note: The last day to enroll in the Extended Payment Plan is 15 days prior to the start of the term. You must enroll in a new Extended Payment Plan each term.
The Extended Payment Plan may be right for you if:
- You prefer a predictable payment schedule with set installment amounts.
- You want to spread your payments over a longer period.
- You agree to the terms and conditions of the promissory note.
- You meet the requirements as defined above.
The Extended Payment Plan allows you to pay tuition and fees balance due in increments over a specific period of time extending past the fee payment deadline. Only students in good financial standing with the College and enrolled in credit courses for the current terms are eligible to participate. Enrollment for students who have an outstanding or a past due debt to the College or are not in good financial standing will not be approved.
- Incomplete or illegible applications will not be accepted.
- Minimum balance of $200 in tuition and fees is required to participate.
- A required minimum down payment, including the $15 non-refundable enrollment fee, will be due within 5 calendar days of notification of plan acceptance.
Payment Option Comparisons
|Partial Payment Option||Extended Payment Plan||Payment Deferral Option|
|Cost to participate||None||$15 enrollment fee each semester (non-refundable)||$115 set-up charge each semester (non-refundable)|
|Enrollment/promissory note required to participate||No||Yes. Enrollment must be completed 15 days prior to the Fee Payment Deadline.||Yes. Statement of Financial Responsibility must be completed by the Fee Payment Deadline.|
|Scheduled payment dates||No. Students, parents or others may make partial payments at any time, with the total amount due by the Fee Payment Deadline.||Yes. There is a $25 late payment charge for each late payment.||No. Students must pay tuition and fees by timeline detailed within the Statement of Financial Responsibility.|
|Set payment amounts||No. Students, parents or others may make payments of any amount||Yes, based on your balance and payment schedule||No. Students, parents or others may make payments of any amount|
|Tuition and fees paid in full due date||Tuition and fees must be paid in full by the fee payment deadline (5 days prior to the start of the term).||Payments are extended into the term, due by final scheduled due date of the payment plan.||Students must pay tuition and fees by timeline detailed within the Statement of Financial Responsibility.|
|Drop for non-payment||Yes, if not paid by the fee payment deadline||Yes, if the initial down payment and scheduled payment(s) (must equal 50% of tuition and fees) are not paid by the fee payment deadline||No, if $115 is paid, classes will not be dropped
Yes, if $115 is not paid by fee payment deadline, classes will be dropped.
|Payment methods||Cash, Check, Credit Card||Cash, Check, Credit Card||Cash, Check, Credit Card|
|Minimum tuition and fees balance to participate||None||$200||None|
|Additional requirements to participate||None||Good financial standing with the college. See Tuition Payment Options for requirements.||Agreement of Statement of Financial Responsibility. See Tuition Payment Options for requirements.|
|Includes fees not associated with tuition or registration (such as parking)||Yes||No||No|
Regardless of the payment option selected, the student is responsible for ensuring that all payments are made on or before established due date(s).
With any of our Payment Options, you can make payments in multiple ways:
Paying through your CougarWeb account is the most convenient and most secure way to pay fees. This can be done from the comfort of your home, on campus, at your local library, or at any other place with internet access. Logging in to CougarWeb requires your Cougar ID number and password.
Checks or money orders may be mailed to Columbus State for full payment, Partial Payment Option or installments on the Extended Payment Plan. Please note the following:
- Make checks and money orders payable to: Columbus State Community College, or CSCC.
- Mail checks to the Columbus Campus: P.O. Box 1609, Columbus, OH 43216-1609.
- Be sure you pay the correct amount if paying in full or making a Scheduled Extended payment.
- Payments must be received and processed by the payment due date, not just postmarked, to avoid being dropped for non-payment or the $25.00 late fee.
- Not having the correct amount on your check or money order may result in dropped courses or late fees.
- Write the student’s name, Cougar ID number, and a telephone number on the check or money order.
NOTE: A $20.00 penalty will be assessed for returned checks.
Credit or debit cards may be used for payment by phone. Call Columbus State’s Campus Information Center at (614) 287-5353, during normal business hours. MasterCard, VISA, or Discover Card accepted.
Fees can be paid in person at the Cashiers and Student Accounting Office, located at the Columbus Campus in the lobby of Rhodes Hall, 2nd floor.
Hours of Operation:
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Fridays 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please check the website for holidays or other times the campus is closed.
Additional hours may be added during rush periods. Call for hours.
Contact us by phone at (614) 287-5658 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also use the convenient drop box, located in Moeller Hall on the Delaware Campus (checks or money orders only - NO CASH in drop boxes!). When using the drop box, make sure all your information (name, Cougar ID number, address, and telephone number) is included on your check or money order, and that the check or money order is in a secure, sealed envelope.
(CougarID and password required)
Pay by Mail
Cashiers and Student Accounting
P.O. Box 1609, Columbus, OH 43216-1609
Pay by Phone:
Pay in Person:
Cashiers and Student Accounting
Rhodes Hall, Columbus Campus
Pay by Drop Box
Delaware Campus – Moeller Hall