ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
Before you Apply:
1. Discuss your plans to take classes at Columbus State with your academic advisor at your home institution.Then, find transfer courses with u.select.
View u.select (Transfer.org) to find course equivalencies and what courses you need for your intended program/major. Select "Quick Equivalencies" to see how specific courses will transfer. Create an account on u.select to see what courses you will need to complete your degree.
2. Contact the Financial Aid Office at your home institution for questions you may have about paying your tuition while you attend Columbus State. You may also want to consider self-pay options such as: cash, check, or credit card and payment plans.
Please follow these steps as a Transient Student to get started at Columbus State
1. Apply to Columbus State by using our online application.
Note: To help with processing your application as a Transient Student, please choose your major in this way when completing your online application:
- General Area of Interest at CSCC: Non-Degree Seeking
- Program/Major: Transient
- Degree/Certificate: Transient Student
2. Once you have been notified of your acceptance to Columbus State, please bring or submit your unofficial transcripts from your home institution to Columbus State.
- Advising Hours days/times (in person)
- Submit unofficial transcripts electronically
- Note: All students, regardless of degree-seeking status, are required to show college readiness in English and Math. If you have not completed college level Math and English, you make need to take part of or all of the COMPASS Placement test. Do I need to take the COMPASS test?
3. If you took part or all of the COMPASS Placement test, you will need to attend a Registration Workshop where an academic advisor will review your scores and help you with selecting which classes you can take. If you did not have to take the COMPASS test, you can meet with an academic advisor to determine which classes to take.
4. Once you have proven college readiness (step 2 or 3 above), you can create your student email account and access your student portal, CougarWeb. Discover your Cougar ID, Login name and/or reset your password.
8. If you decide to enroll for more than two semesters at Columbus State, please have your sealed, official transcript sent from your home institution to the Records & Registration Department. Transcripts can take up to six weeks to process. Please declare a major or program of study. You may update your major by calling 614-287-5353, in person at one of our campuses or Regional Learning Centers. If you declare your major in person, please complete the Change of Information form.
Still have questions? Admissions Advisors are on live chat Monday through Friday, or by phone and e-mail. You can also contact an Academic Advisor who will be able to guide you with course selection. Please remember that if you email academic advising, you must email via your Columbus State email for advisors to access your student account.