ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
Switch to Semesters begins Autumn 2012!
The mission of the English Department of Columbus State Community college is to promote literacy by providing quality instruction in the areas of composition, creative, writing, and literature that meets the varied needs of the department’s student populations.
- To strive for excellence in the quality and effectiveness of its courses and educational services.
- To promote multiple forms of literacy including verbal, visual, and technological.
- To support the professional development and expertise of the department’s faculty and staff.
- To build effective partnerships within the institution and throughout the larger community.
- To increase access to and success in departmental programs.
Columbus State does not offer a degree in English. However, English classes are an important part of the Associate of Arts/Associate of Sciences transfer degree, which represents the first two years of a bachelor's degree. Many students take general education classes here, then transfer them to another college. English is also a prerequisite for many Career & Technical degrees, and good communication skills are an in-demand skill in today's workforce.
Department Phone Number: (614) 287-2531