CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
The mission of the English Department of Columbus State Community College is to promote literacy by providing quality instruction in the areas of composition, creative, writing, and literature that meets the varied needs of the department’s student populations.
- To strive for excellence in the quality and effectiveness of its courses and educational services.
- To promote multiple forms of literacy including verbal, visual, and technological.
- To support the professional development and expertise of the department’s faculty and staff.
- To build effective partnerships within the institution and throughout the larger community.
- To increase access to and success in departmental programs.
Columbus State does not offer a degree in English. However, English classes are an important part of the transfer degree, which represents the first two years of a bachelor's degree. Many students take general education classes here, then transfer them to another college. English is also a prerequisite for many Career & Technical degrees, and good communication skills are an in-demand skill in today's workforce.
Location: Nestor Hall 420 ¦ Hours: M-F 8:00a-4:00p
Phone Number: (614) 287-2531
Chairperson: Robyn Lyons-Robinson: (614) 287-2531 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Chair's hours vary, so the best manner of contact is the department phone number during the department office hours.
General Campus Info