Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Report for Testing
To report for a test session, select the location where you wish to take the COMPASS Placement Test. Testing Center hours vary by location.
For Testing Center hours and maps, select one of the following…
- Dublin Testing Center
- Gahanna Testing Center
- Westerville Testing Center
For closings and important dates, check the academic calendar.
Exception from taking COMPASS Placement Test
1) A student’s ACT scores meet minimum score ranges and are no more than 2 years old at the time of application.
- Minimum score ranges:
English 18 or higher
Math 10 or higher
Reading 21 or higher
- Student is exempt from taking the COMPASS Placement Test in any section where the minimum score ranges have been met.
Access www.actstudent.org to print your official ACT Summary Sheet.
Note: ACT scores on high school transcripts are not acceptable.
Send official ACT Summary Sheet or ACT Student Report to CSCC:
Admissions Office (3261). Allow three weeks for receipt of ACT scores.
Hand-deliver or mail to any CSCC Testing Center location or fax to 614-287-6096.
- Columbus Campus - http://www.cscc.edu/services/testingcenter
- Regional Centers - http://www.cscc.edu/services/testingcenter/off-campus-testing.shtml
- Delaware Campus - http://www.cscc.edu/about/delaware/testing-center.shtml
2) Students taking only CSCC non-credit courses.
3) Transfer students who have successfully completed college-level English and/or math courses from an accredited institution where English is the official language (learned in the United States) should obtain official copies of transcripts and forward them to Records and Registration. Students should take a copy of their transcript to the Academic Advisor to determine exception of one or more parts of the COMPASS Placement Test.
Testing Information for Students
- Appointments are not necessary.
The test is given individually on a first-come, first-served basis.
Allow adequate time for traffic and parking.
- Arrive at least 2-3 hours before closing time.
- Testing will not be administered two hours prior to closing.
- Valid official photo ID is required.
- Cougar ID number is required.
- Pencils are available if needed.
- Scratch paper is provided.
- No food or drink is permitted.
- All electronic devices must be turned off.
- Children are not permitted to wait in the Testing Center lobby or to be left unattended