Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Developmental Education Department
It is the mission of the Developmental Education Department to meet the needs of learners and prepare them for college-level courses while empowering them to succeed academically, personally, and professionally. We want learners to feel they belong and can succeed at Columbus State. To assist new learners with their transition from high school or to improve/enhance skills in the workplace, we offer a comprehensive range of academic instruction and support services. A strong commitment from students, coupled with the dedication of our faculty and staff, creates an environment that will help learners meet their educational and career goals. We want all learners to have a great beginning experience that translates into happy endings (graduation and/or promotion), and we have the academic instruction and top-notch support services to make that happen.
- To provide an educational opportunity foreach learner.
- To ensure proper placement by assessing each learner’s level of preparedness for college course work.
- To teach each learner general and discipline-specific learning strategies so she/he will be successful in mainstream college courses.
- To empower every learner with the necessary life skills to succeed academically, personally, and professionally.
- To assist the college with the retention of students.
- To embrace and welcome diversity inside and outside the classroom.
|Advanced Reading||College Success Skills|
|Basic Composition||Intermediate Reading|
|Basic Grammar||Master Math Pre-Algebra|
Top-Notch Support Services
|Math Placement Advising||Student Development|
||Financial Aid Advising|
|Study Skills Workshops
|Diagnostic Testing||Learning Skills Center|
Department of Developmental Education
Aquinas Hall 215
Columbus State Community College
550 East Spring Street
Columbus, Ohio 43216
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.