ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
Preferred Pathway Scholars
The first crop of Preferred Pathway scholars gets a special send-off from Dr. Gee and Dr. Harrison.
Although any student can follow the Preferred Pathway Program, certain students will be selected as Preferred Pathway Scholars.
Preferred Pathway Scholars are emerging CSCC student leaders participating in a closely advised program designed to complement the Preferred Pathway partnership with OSU. Preferred Pathway Scholars must submit an application, meet specific eligibility criteria, and commit to ongoing requirements. They have access to additional benefits in the Preferred Pathway Program.
A new Scholars cohort begins each autumn. Applications are available now.
The first 200 students accepted to the Autumn 2013 Scholar cohort are eligible to receive $500 in scholarships.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must:
- Apply and be accepted to Columbus State.
- Apply and be accepted to the Scholars program.
- Meet academic standards and ongoing participation requirements to retain the scholarship. That includes advising appointments, Preferred Pathway academic/social events, and active involvement in a student club or organization.
- Dual Advising with OSU and a designated Preferred Pathway Scholar Advisor at CSCC.
- Invitation to Preferred Pathway Scholar social networks and special events.
- Customized student ID for access to exclusive resources at CSCC and OSU.
- Unique orientation at OSU tailored to Preferred Pathway Scholars.
- Access to OSU library, selective athletic events, and other First Year Experience activities.
- Demonstrate College Readiness through the COMPASS placement test, ACT subscores, or AP credit (ACT English 18, ACT Math 20 and ACT Reading 21 or COMPASS placement into English 1100, Math 1075, and No Reading Required.
- Commit to full-time status.
- First Time in College - recent high school graduate.
- Full-time status (12 credit hours or more).
- Register for Freshman Seminar and English courses reserved for Preferred Pathway Scholars.
- Attend a Preferred Pathway Scholar Orientation at Ohio State.
- Maintain satisfactory academic status in preparation for intended program requirements.
- Actively contribute to a campus student club or organization.
- Regularly attend Preferred Pathway Scholar events and activities.
- Participate in required Student Success Workshops.
- Meet with designated Academic Advisor as required.
- Develop student success skills through services, resources, engagement, and awareness.
- Establish a community of academic and civic leaders.
- Promote intentional diversity in learning experiences.
- Administration of a First Year Experience Program connecting Columbus State and Ohio State.
- Creation of learning community cohorts in partnership with Student and Academic Affairs at Columbus State and Ohio State.
- Persistence and success in graduating from both colleges for the upcoming and future participants.
Program Contact Sharmaine Pechac - Coordinator, Preferred Pathway Program (614) 287-5790 email@example.com