ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
The program seeks highly motivated students capable of engaging in a challenging foundational education in health science. Students chosen for the Pipeline to Health Science Careers program should be interested in pursuing a health science career, broadly defined to include dentistry, medicine, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, public health and veterinary medicine.
- High school grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- 3 years of high school science and math coursework
- Readiness for college-level English
- Readiness for college-level mathematics (defined as capable of success in college algebra)
- (Recommended) minimum ACT of 25
- Positive letter of recommendation from a high school science teacher
- Be an admitted Columbus State student (Apply Online)
Eligible students who wish to be considered should submit all required pieces of the program application, including a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Student Aid Report, and apply for admission to CSCC, by March 1, 2014.
An admission committee, composed of faculty from OSU and CSCC, will review the applicants and select students for interviews. Interviews will be scheduled late March through mid-April.
Students will be chosen for the program based on their academic credentials and interview performance. Offers to participate will be extended in late April.
Students will be required to notify the program of their acceptance no later than June 1, 2014.
Application should include the following:
1. Program Application
2. Official High School transcript
(including spring course schedule and ACT/SAT scores)
3. Student Essay (250-500 words)
4. Letter of recommendation from a high school science teacher
5. Copy of FAFSA Student Aid Report
(can take up to 4 weeks to receive after filing the Free Application
for Federal Student Aid)
Please mail the Pipeline to Health Sciences Careers application to the following address:
Biological Sciences Dept. Attn: Laura Shady
P.O. Box 1609
550 East Spring Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215