ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
|English as a Second Language (ESL)|
1. To strive for excellence in the quality and effectiveness of its courses and educational services.
2. To identify and meet the dynamic community needs in modern languages in keeping with Columbus State's mission as a community.
3. To provide transferable foreign language credits for acceptance by other degree granting institutions regulated by the Ohio Board of Regents.
4. To continue to develop and maintain a state-of-the-art multimedia-based curriculum as well as other innovative and traditional instructional techniques.
5. To ensure the professional development and expertise of the department's faculty and staff.
6. To increase access to and improve retention in the department's programs.
7. To prepare non-native users of English for success in academic coursework in the U.S.