Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
No cost: Cougar Edge classes are offered at no cost to participants. This allows students to improve their skills without using their financial aid dollars.
Various Locations: Cougar Edge is offered at Central Ohio Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE) programs across Columbus and surrounding areas.
Registration/Orientation: When a student's COMPASS assessment indicates placement into Cougar Edge, the student is given information on ABLE locations where they can register for classes. Students can contact ABLE for more information on how the Cougar Edge program can help meet academic and personal goals.
Qualifications: Students whose COMPASS assessment indicates placement into both DEV 0114 (with scores from 0 through 25) and DEV 0140 (with scores from 0 through 51) are required take Cougar Edge classes and improve their COMPASS fundamental math and basic reading placement scores before enrolling in credit courses.
- Students are not permitted to receive financial aid while attending Cougar Edge classes.
- Students without a high school diploma or GED should take GED Prep Classes.
- ESL Students should take Basic English courses through the Language Institute.
- Students are not permitted to take credit courses and Cougar Edge classes in the same term.
- Students who are in a "deferred diploma" status at their high school are not qualified to participate in Cougar Edge.