Dublin classes resumed at 3:30 p.m., following a power outage. More
Deadlines for Fee Waiver Requests for 2016-17
- The deadline for SU16 classes is Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
- AU 16 deadline (coming soon)
Columbus State Community College encourages employees to become avid learners and to continually develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities. The Fee Waiver Program provides full-time, percentage of full-time, adjunct instructors, and part-time employees the opportunity to take credit courses at Columbus State Community College.
The college will waive 100 percent of the appropriate instructional fees for all full-time employees who take degree-credit classes. Employees who are a percentage of full-time will receive a waiver of their appropriate instructional fees at a percentage paid in proportion to the degree of their full-time employment. Adjunct employees’ instructional fees will be waived on a prorated basis based on the number of contact hours taught in the previous quarter.
Read the complete Fee Waiver Policy in the CSCC Policy and Procedures Manual Policy No. 3-08
See below for Dependent Fee Waivers
Instructions for requesting a fee waiver
To obtain the Fee Waiver Request form, please read the following instructions and disclosures, then click on the “Accept” button located at the bottom of the page. You will then be directed to the Fee Waiver Request form. Complete all sections and forward the original to the Human Resources Department, Rhodes Hall, care of Deborah Plummer. Keep a copy of the completed form for your records.
- Refer to the CSCC Policy and Procedures Manual Policy No. 3-08 to confirm your eligibility. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at 287-2408.
- Register for classes.
- Complete the Fee Waiver Request Form, including either Column 1 or Column 2 and appropriate signatures (employee, student – if spouse/dependent waiver, and employee’s supervisor.) Incomplete Fee Waiver Request forms will not be processed until all information is provided.
- Submit signed Fee Waiver Request form to Human Resources (Rhodes Hall, Room 115) by 4:30pm on deadline date. Fee Waiver Requests received after the deadline will not be processed unless the student has paid fees up in advance. In that case, student will be reimbursed for fees within 30 days of the start of the semester.
If requesting a Fee Waiver for a dependent child, CSCC Policy No. 3-08 (G) defines a dependent child as “one whom the employee can legally claim on his/her taxes or as specified in a divorce/ dissolution decree.” By signing the Fee Waiver Request form, you are certifying you and your dependent child meet these requirements.
Part-time and adjunct faculty are not eligible for dependent or spouse fee waivers.
Once your fee waiver is processed, you will receive a Financial Aid Award letter. To view the award letter, it may be accessed through Cougar Web via the “students” area.
The actual posting of the fee waiver monies will not occur until the Business Office begins to pay student’s fees. This process usually occurs 5-10 days prior to the actual start date of the quarter. All fees must be paid in full by the College’s published Fee Payment Deadline. This published date is the last day to pay fees prior to being dropped for non-payment.
If you are receiving a fee waiver covering only part of your total fees, you are able to pay the additional portion online, at the Cashier’s Office or by calling TIC at 287-5353.
By submitting the Fee Waiver Request form, I am certifying that I am eligible for this employee benefit. I have read the instructions in addition to Policy No. 3-08 Fringe Benefits.
I understand that by applying for this employee benefit, I authorize the Human Resources and Financial Aid departments at CSCC to verify the accuracy of the information provided on this application.
Clicking this directs you to the fee waiver request form.