TOEFL iBT Test (ETS)
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), administered through the internet, measures ability to use and understand English at the university level. The test evaluates the candidate’s listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks to demonstrate English-language proficiency. The TOEFL Exam takes approximately 4 hours to complete. TOEFL is a product of the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
Individuals take the TOEFL who are planning to study at a higher education institution, meeting requirements for English-language learning program admissions, and/or applying for visas. More than 8,500 colleges, agencies and other institutions in over 130 countries accept TOEFL scores.
Candidate must schedule, re-schedule, or cancel a testing session online at www.ets.org/toefl or call 1-877-863-3546. More information on the test content, who accepts TOEFL scores, fees, how to prepare for the test and frequently asked questions are found at www.ets.org/toefl.
Testing is offered at the Testing Center typically on Fridays and Saturdays twice a month. Candidate must register and select testing date at the www.ets.org/toefl site.
What to Bring on Test Day
Candidate must bring two things to the Test Center:
1. Your Registration Confirmation:
This has your registration number and the test site information that was issued when you registered. Read and print your Registration Confirmation the day before the test and bring it with you. To check and print your Registration Confirmation:
- Log in to your TOEFL iBT Online Profile
- Enter our username and password
- Once on your Home Page, click View Orders, then click Print. From this screen you can print and/or email your Registration Confirmation
2. Acceptable, Valid Identification (ID) Documents:
ID documents must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be an original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable
- Be valid; expired documents (expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable
- Bear the test taker’s full name matching exactly the name used to register
- Bear a recent photograph that clearly matches the test takerBear the test taker’s signature