TABE Online is a web-based assessment and reporting system of adult basic education skills. It provides reliable skill-level data for adult educators to screen and place students into training or employment programs or to determine readiness for success on the GED Tests. CWD/GED Prep Program is using the TABE to determine the Reading and Math skill levels to place students into the (GED) Program Curriculum Levels.
1. Students register for the TABE assessment at the CWD Information Center (WD Room 1090). New GED students are charged $15. Current GED students are billed $10 per assessment.
2. The Information Center will provide the student a date-stamped “TABE Test Admission Ticket” and the student must show the Testing Center this Test Admission Ticket to take the TABE assessment. Lost TABE Test Admission Tickets can be re-issued at the Information Center.
3. Saturday testing will made only if the student has already received a TABE Test Admission Ticket. The Information Center is closed on Saturday and cannot issue one on that day.
4. The student may take the assessment on a “walk-in” basis provided the Testing Center can accommodate them. The student must bring the TABE Test Admission Ticket and Government-issued Photo ID at time of assessment. 4-function basic calculators are allowed and issued by the Testing Center.
5. Since the student has up to 4.25 hrs to take the TABE, the student must arrive at the testing center between the Center Hours listed below to take the test.
Testing & Talent Assessment Center
Center for Workforce Development building (WD) Room 223
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – Noon
Friday/Saturday: 8:30 am – 10:30 am
GED Prep Program
Additional information on the GED Prep Program, the TABE assessment, and courses can be found by calling 614-287-5858.