Skip to main content

alert ATTENTION: No day classes will be held Tuesday for Day of Service.



The Department of Public Safety provides the following services:

  • Patrol of campus property and buildings.
  • Assistance with vehicle lockouts and jumpstarts.
  • Investigation of threats, harassment, disruptive or offensive actions, disorder and criminal offenses.
  • Investigation of forced entry, theft or vandalism and other reported offenses.
  • On-campus escorts.
  • First Aid to injured or ill people.
  • Explanation of Ohio Laws and the college policy and rules to employees and students.
  • RAVE Guardian Services (

CSCC Parking Permits Parking on Columbus State campuses and sites is by permit only for staff and students. Student permits expire on the last day of each quarter. Parking is restricted to for college related business only. To purchase a permit, tuition and fees must be paid at the Cashier's Office. Columbus State disclaims all responsibility for losses and damages to vehicles parked on Columbus State campuses and sites. Columbus State is not responsible for losses or damages to any vehicle towed from a campus or site.

Security Escorts Anytime you come to, leave or walk on campus, you may request a security escort, or use RAVE Guardian for a "virtual" escort (for more information go to Call the Public Safety at 614-287-2525 and tell the Dispatcher where you are and where you are going. A Campus Police Officer or Security Specialist will be glad to walk you to your on-campus destination, if they are not assigned to other calls.

Vehicle Assistance on Campus Campus Public Safety personnel will attempt to assist with jump-starts and lockouts. If the officer cannot help, you will be assisted in contacting someone who can.  Columbus State is not responsible for losses or damages to any vehicle.

Access To Campus Buildings. Most college academic facilities are open from 6:15 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Friday. Weekend hours vary due to schedules and use of buildings. Faculty or staff wishing to enter a building after hours will need to contact Public Safety for assistance.

Faculty and staff who need to enter a building after hours will be asked to fill out an access authorization form, available on the intranet, and have it signed by their department supervisor. The form should then be submitted to Public Safety. Students who wish to access labs/classrooms must arrange for a faculty member to be present with them while they are using the lab or classroom.