Registration is open for both summer and autumn classes
Attending Columbus State year-round is a great way to earn credits faster, lighten your per-semester classload, and move toward graduation faster. Registering for both summer and autumn semesters now gives you the best choice of subjects, times, and locations.
What You Need to Know
- Autumn Semester registration is now open. Current students can register on CougarWeb. Incoming students, please visit cscc.edu/getstarted for next steps.
To date, state-mandated COVID-19 safeguards continue, and the safety of our students and employees is always our first priority. Although we're increasing our in-person class offerings, the majority of our Summer and Autumn classes will be online. See our COVID-19 Student Guide for current safety procedures for students coming to campus.
- The Bookstore offers free UPS ground shipping for online purchases until July 31. Starting May 17, the Bookstore will offer a limited number of in-person shopping appointments. Find more information and a link to schedule at the Bookstore website.
- Welcome to students from other colleges! Many students take summer classes at Columbus State while they're home, either to stay on track or get a jump on their schedules. Jump to Transient Students
Summer Semester starts May 31, with additional short-term options beginning June 14 and July 5. Registration is open until the Sunday before each term begins. Click the "Academic Calendar" link below for specific dates. Register early to assure you're in the classes that work best for you!
Many students found their educational plans disrupted due to the coronavirus pandemic. We're here to help you pick up where you left off and keep moving toward your degree.
If you attend another school, you can enroll in classes – for summer or any semester – as a transient student at Columbus State, and earn credit that easily transfers back to your home institution. Use our streamlined process to apply and register as a transient student.
Autumn Semester starts August 30. In addition to our 16-week courses, you'll find 8-week courses starting August 30 and October 24 and 5-week classes starting August 30, October 4, and November 8.
Welcome to Columbus State! You’ve chosen the very best place to start a degree and/or train for a career. Use this checklist to help you get ready to start either summer or autumn:
- Follow the Get Started Guide to apply for the college.
- Contact Admissions to make sure you have completed all the steps needed to be in “Ready to Register” status.
- Attend New Student Workshop or meet with New Student Advising to schedule classes.