Pharmacy Technician Program: Course Summary
The purpose of this non-credit course is to prepare the student to enter the pharmacy field in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, mail-order pharmacies, or community pharmacies as a technician working under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
The course is taught by local registered pharmacists who are members of the part-time faculty of Columbus State Community College.
Topics covered in the Pharmacy Technician Training program are:
- Medical Terminology specific to the
- Reading and interpreting prescriptions
- Defining drugs by generic and brand names
- Dosage calculations
- IV flow rates
- Drug compounding
- Dose conversions
- Dispensing of prescriptions
- Unit Dose
- Inventory control
- Billing and reimbursement